·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to gauge the age demographic for up! owners

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm 44 and and jumping jack flash was no1 when I arrived lol. Had my up! since 27 march and love it, but still recovering from knee surgery so itching to get back behind the wheel!

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'm 59 and 99% of my driving is now done with just me in the car so I kept looking over my shoulder and thinking, why am I paying to drag all this metal around with me? But until the up came along I just didn't like the look or feel of any of the small cars on offer. Only a few more days to go. Just waiting on the phone call!

·
Registered
44 Posts
The first under 21 am sure there will be more to come

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Craig, you are Half my age, Guess I should start an old farts club subsection!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Craig, you are Half my age, Guess I should start an old farts club subsection!
He's 1/3 mine so that makes you too young for an old farts club..!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've just cast my vote (1 of only 3 in the 60+ range!) and noticed above the poll an ad for a mature dating website - any connection?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm 18 plus 64 so I guess that makes me the oldest member so far. I bought my first new car back in 1960 for £499.00 when I came back from fighting for you lot in the Malayan Jungles etc. I saved up all my pennies and bought a newMini just after they camein to existence. I loved that car but sold it on to a lad who was staying in this country whilst I went back abroad to Singapore for another few years. Out there I used another vehicle I loved which was a scooter to get around, much better than a car in that climate.

The reason for choosing this model is that I needed a car with a bigger door to get in and out of. I had an operation on my spine a couple of years ago which limits my suppleness when bending. As an ex driving instructor I thought it looked ideal and I am also a sucker for gadgets soI got as many as possible. So far I am pleased with the car and hope all you other enthusiasts are too.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
move up! said:
The graph has a perfect bell-curve distribution of data 
Proves what I thought, like a golf, it's an ageless, classless car.....appeals on many different levels to all sorts of folk.......

·
Registered
727 Posts
gordoac said:
I've just cast my vote (1 of only 3 in the 60+ range!) and noticed above the poll an ad for a mature dating website - any connection?
Banner ads are displayed based on sites you frequent (cookies). Many browsers also have banner ad blocker plugins available. I no longer see banner ads in Safari (Mac).

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I wonder how close the graph results are to that of a new Golf?

·
Registered
956 Posts
lewis-up said:
16 and it's my first car

16 going on 17 presumably, unless you plan on driving illegally!! Car funded by................?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When I hand mine to my son he will be 17 but first he has to pass his test!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lewis-up said:
Yhyh mate and my self I have saved money for my insurance and enough for the car so I though why not
Good man, well impressed!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts