Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Does anyone have an owner's manual for the up! as a PDF by any chance? Haven't got mine yet but wanted to have a little read in blind excitement
! Googled it and couldn't find anything except the M+M user guide from Navigon...

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yeah, I'd like to read it before I get my up too! not sure itll be online in PDF file yet tho as the car is so new!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Now I've always said that car dealers should do this - so buyers can read up on their new car before they go to collect.

When you do go to collect the salesman tries to explain switches etc to you but inevitably he doesn't know everything about every model in the showroom - added to which at that point you are too excited for the info to penetrate!

My wife says I'm nerdy for wanting the manual before I get the car - I'm glad there are fellow nerds in the UK. Even more pleased they are VW Up! fans.

My build week is wk 24 so still a long time off :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your wife is kind of right, we are complete nerds for wanting to do this but at the same time... its exciting! Whenever I go to buy anything of value I always look online for the manual before I buy it just so I can see how it all works
!

This is definitely something VW should do - either putting the manuals online or the dealerships themselves should give you the manual when you buy the car.

Oh well, guess we just have to wait and see! I'll let you know if I find the manual online anywhere!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Why not just read the manual for the Maps and More. You don't get one of them with the gadget itself. Well I didn't. all you get is a quick start pamphlet thing that is next to useless. The manual on t,net is very comprehensive however and will keep you occupied for a few nights easily.

When you get the car you get a heap of manuals, you will be eyesore in no time. But read them, as they do contain valuable information. I find a little at a time works well.

But I didn't get a manual for the Maps and More. I did think about printing it off from the PDF manual on the Internet but I don't think I would have enough paper and it would play havoc with my ink supply. The cost would be horrendous.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Heck. Just noticed I have reached "Groupie" status. I'm going to have a drink of rum and ginger beer (Dark and Stormy) on the strength of that. "Thanks" to who ever has been hitting the icons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts