Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite Literally at the hand over of our up! I noticed something under the paint work on the spoiler just above the third level brake light - it was like a piece of swarf got stuck on the spoiler just before it was painted at the factory. Anyway, it must have been missed at the factory check over and it was missed at the PDI at the dealership - when I spotted it I asked for it to be sorted.

I got it back today and I'm really disappointed with the finish- rather than a local repair they took the whole spoiler right back to primer, base coated it, primed it (I was told in that order) then re lacquered - my problem with it is that it looks as though they haven't used enough white in the base coat, it's a dull white rather than a bright white and it almost looks dusty so I've asked for it to be repainted.
I have always been funny with paintwork, having sprayed a few panels myself in my time and being a perfectionist with presenting paintwork - here is my quandary.... Am I being a d**k for asking it to be redone?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
No I'd of refused the car and expect a courtasy car (if I didnt have anything else to drive away in) and something for my inconvenience! And i it wasnt perfect when I got it back like yours it wouldnt be picked up and I would continue this untill its perfect even if it means another 4months wait for a brand newen!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Any respray area or repair should be as good as the original - by that I would expect to not be able to tell the difference from any other area. Otherwise - as you've done - send it back!

·
Registered
540 Posts
As above, you're within your right to refuse to accept the car if its not in the condition you expect (within reason, naturally).

You've just invested x thousand pound (or whatever currency) in an expensive piece of kit, so it's not unreasonable to expect perfection, especially when it's brand new!

·
Registered
202 Posts
don't know why they didn't just order a new spoiler..

·
Registered
222 Posts
Interested to see how you get on. I have noticed a dent in our up but we had already taken delivery before I noticed. Mainly cause it got delivered to our house in torrential rain and my wife took delivery of it and didn't even look at it. I'm hoping that they will sort it out otherwise I will be severely pissed off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts