Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had problems with the grey plastic peeling off from where the mirrors attach to the cars doors?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Oh noooo!! What the heck!? I feel for you!! I've got a few stone chips on the front of my car already and that's killing me!! But this is just strange.. Have you spoken to your dealer??

·
Registered
393 Posts
The delamination of the plastic housing is a new one on me, and I work in the car industry! I would be straight back to the dealer with that! It should be changed under warranty in under 30 minutes. Don't take no for an answer, that is totally un-acceptable. Let us know how you get on.

Matt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'm going back to VW tomorrow. The car isn't even two month old yet!!! I just hope this is a one off problem

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Marc. Nice one! There shouldn't be any problems with it. As soon as your dealer sees the mirror, they should without question replace it as soon as possible. They may have to order one in, so just be prepared for a couple of days wait.
Matt

·
Registered
113 Posts
Have you used polish, and its got onto the plastics?

I polished my UP a few weeks ago, and i got white markings on the plastic bits by the mirrors... These were easily washed off though a day or two later...

The picture you posted however is far more servere...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been to my dealer this afternoon and, according to them, somebody has thrown paint stripper on the car!!!!!!!!!! Yeah right, they did a really good job limiting where they threw it! The only panel where the paint has come off is the one in the picture above, not on the mirror, the door or the plastic panel next to it.
So they then tell me that it may still get rejected under warranty. OK it might but sales will cover the cost if warranty rejects it.
So as it stands the parts are on order and my up will look its best again soon :)Edited by: Marc82

1 - 8 of 8 Posts