Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to order a Take Up. I'm trying to decide between a white one or blue one. I can't seem to find any pictures of a pale blue one on the internet. Pictures, advice and comments very welcome.

Thanks.

Alan

·
Registered
956 Posts
There are very few of us who've ordered a light blue one to be honest. There are a couple of pics on the forum but I'm struggling to remember where. Will post again when I find them.

In the meantime, from what's been said on here, the light blue is VERY light and looks almost white in some lights. I saw the colour swatch at my dealer's and the only way I could tell it was blue was to put it next to the white swatch, at which point the difference was quite noticeable.

I'm due to get mine in 3-4 weeks and will post some pics then but I have to say the white is definitely more popular and does look fantastic.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply. I'd very much like to see the pictures. I've looked on VW's website and, like you, could barely tell the difference between the white and blue model. I've always disliked white cars but the Up must be the prettiest car in white I've seen.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi Alan,

Here you go. A couple of pics of the light blue from one lucky forum member who's already got hers (might need to scroll up the page to see them)

http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/im-an-intruder-sorry_topic497_post5569.html?KW=#5569

I was stuck when I ordered mine. I really don't like black, white or red cars so was left with a choice of blue or silver. The VW configurator doesn't show the blue very well at all but I decided to go for that anyway. I still haven't seen it in the flesh but I'm glad I chose the blue because it's definitely quite rare.

Edited by: clowesa

·
Registered
20 Posts
I tried I get the take up in light blue having been on the vw website but when my car dealership and I sat down to look at he brochure we couldn't figure out the colour swatches, and the guy had been there for six years! Tone far he has been brilliant at his job with everything else.
So I chose the white instead.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those are brilliant photos. Cheers. I'm now sold on the colour.

I do think it's weird though, that with just three base colour options, VW chose two (blue and white) which are so similar.

Alan

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes! that is the colour, that i want!!! The seats and dashboard look like "mine" too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
V pretty in light blue too! Looks gorgeous. My seats are polka/anthracite and the dash pearl black.Edited by: Violet

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've had some rather vague information from my local dealer that my light blue High up! will be built in late July or early August. I've opted for:
Classic alloys
Light blue dash
Grey-beech Polka seats
Sensor pack
Spare wheel
Carpets
Mud flaps front and rear
Boot liner
Rear bumper protection film
Door sill trim (the cheaper one - part number 1S3 071 310)

Now the long wait""¦

Nick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts