Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need some help here. I have 2 days to decide if I wan´t the panoramic roof, but over here, the roof represents apprx. 10% additional cost to the car.
Has anyone seen a youtube clip or really nice and detailed pictures of the roof? I have only seen the standard VW brochure pictures, and they don´t really give any idea if it´s worth it or not.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hi!

Just been looking on the Gallery and Dug has a sunroof so I'd start there.

I've ordered a panoramic roof as I like the car to be nice and light inside

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi Peter , i havent ordered the panoramic sunroof basically because i live in wales and we never have any sun here !!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Peter møller said:
I really need some help here. I have 2 days to decide if I wan´t the panoramic roof, but over here, the roof represents apprx. 10% additional cost to the car.
Has anyone seen a youtube clip or really nice and detailed pictures of the roof? I have only seen the standard VW brochure pictures, and they don´t really give any idea if it´s worth it or not.

Peter, where do you live? I have an up with a panorama roof, i could come and show you if youre not too far away from me. I live in Herlev, near copenhagen.

Just reply you tlf number if youre interested.

Remember, adding a sunroof will lower the ceiling hight a little bit. I'm 197, and it dosnt bother me at all. Lots of space.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just saw the Dug yes, looks good. I was really hoping to find a youtube clip to get the idea on how it looks and works.But I really have a hard time convincing the wife 10% increase in price is the best idea in the world :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FedeJesper said:
Peter møller said:

Peter, where do you live? I have an up with a panorama roof, i could come and show you if youre not too far away from me. I live in Herlev, near copenhagen.

Just reply you tlf number if youre interested.

Remember, adding a sunroof will lower the ceiling hight a little bit. I'm 197, and it dosnt bother me at all. Lots of space.
Thats really nice of you - but may I ask for your personal opinion.....is it really worth it? :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would recommend it if you are interested in it, and can afford it. It really lights up the interior so the cabin seems even bigger and open. It dosnt have to be sunny to enjoy a sunroof. ;-)

I have a white high-up, and i like how the black roof looks with the white car. If you ordered a black up, the it wouldnt even be visible i guess.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FedeJesper said:
http://www.bilgalleri.dk/alb_vis.aspx?AlbumID=91401

This link there is many pictures of the sunroof on a white up.

Dont mind the wheels, they are a bit extreme.. ;-)
Brilliant, just the amount of pictures needed to get the "bigger picture".

P.S.
I´m a big fan of your car,and love the color combination of blue on white. And hey - it´s nowhere near too extreme

·
Registered
21 Posts
Youre welcome.. Its not my car though. Mine is just a plain white highup, with silver dash and black anthracite.

I hope you go for the roof, youll love it.

Jesper.

·
Registered
956 Posts
FedeJesper said:
http://www.bilgalleri.dk/alb_vis.aspx?AlbumID=91401

This link there is many pictures of the sunroof on a white up.

Dont mind the wheels, they are a bit extreme.. ;-)

Great link, thanks for this. I ordered the panoramic sunroof but haven't been able to find any good pics of the inside, other than the ones of Dug. These pics show how light the car looks so I'm really glad I opted for this.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Placed the order today, and it felt right :eek:) Really is happy I made the decision. Thanks everyone.Will post pictures of the car when i get it, seeing it might be one of the very first 5 door Up! with panoramic roof.
I am hoping to get the car within the next 4-6 weeks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts