Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put this on another thread but I'm so ridiculously pleased with it I thought I'd post it again here! It makes me smile, like the up!and I think it might actually help! And I promise this is my last word on the subject.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Where did you get the lettering from?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lee in Denmark said:

I made it. Traced off the car. The d is the p upside down, the w is the u with an extra bar and the o similar. I must have too much time but once I had the idea in my head I just had to see what it looked like!

·
Registered
811 Posts
That is sheer bloody brilliance. Hats off to you sir!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I love it!

·
Registered
727 Posts
yapmaul said:
I put this on another thread but I'm so ridiculously pleased with it I thought I'd post it again here! It makes me smile, like the up!and I think it might actually help! And I promise this is my last word on the subject.

Until you repost on the forum again telling us how you marketed the idea and made a fortune..!

·
Registered
198 Posts
A rarely good idea! I can't figure out how exactly it's made, though
If anybody would like to sell a reasonably priced duplicate, or can point me to what would I need from eBay...

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I made it from cardboard! Cut out the letters with a scalpel, covered with foil and glued to black card. It's held on with a few bits of double sided tape. I'm sure it would work as a sticker, except I don't know how long a sticker would stay stuck. I doubt if mine will last - just wanted to see it!

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Bloody brilliant.......original thinking!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I really like that bootlid sticker, that's exactly what I had been thinking of doing! **** you! Haha.
Mind me asking how you made that one?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
shakotanVIP said:
yapmaul said:
Lee in Denmark said:

I made it. Traced off the car. The d is the p upside down, the w is the u with an extra bar and the o similar. I must have too much time but once I had the idea in my head I just had to see what it looked like!

I beat you to it... ;)

Very good! I like the little arrow - wish I'd thought of that.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Great ..really Great! Tears still running down my face with laughter

So there is a Down side to the Up!

Go well.

·
Registered
811 Posts
What a talented bunch of people you are. You could probably sell these stickers to us poor unfortunates who would make a horrible **** - up if we tried to make them. Brilliant!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I could make some 6x4 laminated ones with Velcro fixings if anyone is interested. Black with red text or black with white text.
(With YAPMAULs permission of course..)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts