HEY YOU PUT ME UP...
So remember to put me down again
(preferably before you drive off!)
Luv, Your Up!

Simples! :)

See less See more
#9 ·
Cheers Franny
... mind you, my 'solution' was meant as a tongue in cheek dig aimed at the miriad of whingers finding fault at the most trivial of things (shelf/lack of illuminated mirror controls/etc)The many positives far outweigh the very few negatives on this great little car IMHOMy first car didnt even HAVE door mirrors never mind illuminated control buttons FFS lol

and Nobody has mentioned that the Take Up! manual window winding handles arent illuminated - shame on you VW!!!

#11 ·
Cheers BeeVee... watch this space tho.. just ordered some bits to make a prototype retrofit combined parcel shelf Up! warning buzzer cum boot light kit that will come on when the shelf is raised ..... and will be available to a selected few Up! Aficionados on here :)
Thinks:- Am I spending far too much time on this forum???? (no answer required lol)

#12 ·
I had already done this on mine as keep leaving open, but was too embarrased to put on here LOL,
looks like i'm not the only one doing it then. i reckon i leave shelf up over 70% of time :(

#14 ·
I understand that. The amount of people expecting a polo for thousands less is quite scary! They expect everything that vw has ever put in a car for 11k. It's like saying that the top notch mobile phone should have absolutely every feature that was ever invented - along with the long aerial! Don't know if you watch the Simpsons but the comments remind me of the time Homer was asked to design a car (YouTube clip http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CpPuYGPcvD4)

Edited by: Collas

#15 ·
_1S_ said:
I guess the up! is in good company.
Sort of.
The new Beemer 3 Touring also has a luggage cover that goes up & out of your way ... then stays up there when you forget about it and close the hatch.

My 2005 3 series has the same thing. It's over complicated wombat droppings.

I can't understand why the up system is a problem.

i do wish the passenger window could be opened from the other side.

#16 ·
Yes, like others I frequently go to drive away and notice in the mirror thatI left the parcel shelf up! In my last car it lifted and dropped with the opening of the tail gate but not on the Up!. I've found that rather than leap out to open the boot in order to close it, I keep a box of man size tissues on the back seat which with a stretch will allow me to turn round and just knock it down. It works a treat every time!

#18 ·
Bob Up said:
Cheers BeeVee... watch this space tho.. just ordered some bits to make a prototype retrofit combined parcel shelf Up! warning buzzer cum boot light kit that will come on when the shelf is raised ..... and will be available to a selected few Up! Aficionados on here :)

Thinks:- Am I spending far too much time on this forum???? (no answer required lol)

Worry not Sue - you are on my list ^^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.