Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
It's not how to LOWER it ... it's how to REMEMBER to do so!

In other words "Please address the real issue" !!!!

Edited by: PeterWestSussex

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Issue what issue? Short term memory loss!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beevee said:
That's my point! But, hey, maybe I'll spend a few more seconds making a witty video about how to remember!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Beevee said:
The issue is quite simply that after 40+ years of parcel shelves that close on their own as one shuts the tail gate, to have now to remember to lower the shelf (in order to be able to see thru the rear window, so it's a safety matter, not just an inconvenience) is not exactly a forward step in design ... or is it? We'll be having people removing their rear wiper next!
And from the numerous posts (and over several differently named topics), this really is something of an issue.

Edited by: PeterWestSussex

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I applaud VW for doing their bit to help us retrain our memories! Our brains are turning to mush now that our phones remember numbers for us and Amazon and Facebook remember what we like. I've always thought that there was something faintly ridiculous about cars with sophisticated computers controlling brakes and steering and engine relying on two little bits of string to raise and lower the parcel shelf (on which, of course, it is dangerous to place any but the lightest parcels!).

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have now spent many hours pondering this, and though it has caused me no problems myself, naturally I feel the pain of other forum members and I believe I have come up with a solution. Here it is.

·
Registered
811 Posts
PeterWestSussex said:
Beevee said:
The issue is quite simply that after 40+ years of parcel shelves that close on their own as one shuts the tail gate, to have now to remember to lower the shelf (in order to be able to see thru the rear window, so it's a safety matter, not just an inconvenience) is not exactly a forward step in design ... or is it? We'll be having people removing their rear wiper next!
And from the numerous posts (and over several differently named topics), this really is something of an issue.

There is a similar safety issue with the driver's door, forgetting to close that is also very dangerous...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts