Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

So im in Paris on a little break and decided to pop into the local dealer on the off chance of having a good look around an Up!

The good news being I managed to have a proper look around the black and white editions...I can not describe how impressed I was with the overall package and how mature it felt inside...so much bigger than it actually is. The best bit being the seats were well supported and the heigh adjustment enables you to sit in the car as apposed to on the car! Worst point was the height only adjustable steering wheel...but I think most people can deal with that.

While the Black looked great, I have to say i thought the white looked pretty tacky inside with the white dash...it just appeared far to shiny. But overall the car was so well finished I was more impressed than i imagined. The boot was incredibly deep and the doors shut with a real quality feel, at any price point.

Rest assured that i have no regrets for buying this little gem without seeing it...I think everyone who has ordered one will be really impressed.

Mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for this! I've just ordered a black up today with black interior also thought that the white might look a bit cheap! I get mine on Thursday so will put some pics up! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
We know someone who's managed to get hold of it for me it wasn't a quick decision I've been thinking of it since december! Will put pics up on Thursday!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I do think the Up! Black looks sweet but not with those alloys, the multispoke or the sport triangle alloys would look better.

RANDOM question, you know how the classic alloys are ... well ... "classic"?? Does that mean the VW hub in the centre of the alloy is separate and doesn't move when the wheel turns round? Sort of like the retro old mercs and citreons? I've watched a few videos but I can't seem to tell!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Haha, yea those alloys don't sit well with me either... I saw a funny comparison of them to those plug strainers you have in the kitchen sink to stop food going down the drain ;p I was going to go with a Black Up! But because you couldn't change the alloys I went with a High Up! In black with the multispokes...

From what I can tell the hub in the classics is fixed to the wheel... :/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts