Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it had to be me and not Mrs Technogogo. There is me reversing into a parking space. Mrs T has got out from the passenger side so I could park right up against a wall to be out of range of the swinging door of any potential neighbouring car. I'm reversing back feeling smug about being close to the wall and smack! Into a bollard. I'm too used to my main cars parking beep beeps see?

Happily there were no marks at all on Zoomys rear end. Though I did get an ear bending myself.

Summary, rear bumpers of Up!s are nicely parking speed bump resistant. From this test case of one.Edited by: technogogo

·
Registered
79 Posts
Glad there's no damage and your ear drums heal soon,

I got the sensor pack on my up mainly for the cruise control but also the pack came with parking sensors. Although its a small car and not really needed they are really handy and I can get in really tight spots when parallel parking.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Some time ago in my BMW I reversed into a pillar in the car park even with parking sensors working. I still haven't lived it down!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes good point, bollards can sneak in between parking sensors though I think recent models have much better coverage with no blind spots. It just shows how you can become reliant on a particular car behaviour. He says trying not to feel such an idiot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts