Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove my mum's UP White for the first time today.Went into a car park which was chocka and queued behind cars looking for a spot but then saw a space which was being ignored by everyone else that was just perfect for the UP.

Cracking car

<div id="hzImg" style="border: 1px solid rgb(227, 227, 227); line-height: 0; overflow: hidden; padding: 2px; margin: 0px; position: absolute; z-index: 2147483647; border-top-left-radius: 3px; border-top-right-radius: 3px; border-bottom-right-radius: 3px; border-bottom-left-radius: 3px; background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0% 0%, 100% 100%, from(rgb(255, 255, 255)), color-stop(0.5, rgb(255, 255, 255)), to(rgb(237, 237, 237))); -webkit-box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.458824) 3px 3px 6px; opacity: 1; top: 0px; left: 274px; cursor: pointer; display: none; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;">

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Haha quality parking!!! Did the car in front and behind have to wait for you to drive off first

·
Registered
97 Posts
Selfish black Corsa driver has hogged more than his/her share of your parking space!

Does the VW up! White have parking sensors?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both the car in front and the one behind had plenty of room to get out, they'd just both parked badly so had left that gap between them to squeeze into. I wasn't there long and by the time I got back they were both still there anyway.

As I got out of the car to go get a parking ticket a woman walked past and said she'd seen the space but hadn't realised anyone could get in it, heh.

and nope this car doesn't have sensors but I think they might have been an optional extra (might be wrong about that though seeing as I didn't buy it).

Edited by: uppy

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
It is a good idea to leave the driving wheels straight when parking. Leaving the car on full lock is rumoured to cause the car to pull to one side when driving. It's never happened to me.

·
Registered
727 Posts
uppy said:
Drove my mum's UP White for the first time today.Went into a car park which was chocka and queued behind cars looking for a spot but then saw a space which was being ignored by everyone else that was just perfect for the UP.
Cracking car
Just don't tell mum how it's done..

[TUBE]lOjjBRnBtqc[/TUBE]

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
A nice demonstration of the UP!'s versatility uppy. However, I would never squeeze into a space that small as you're just asking to get your car scratched or dinged by inconsiderate drivers.

·
Registered
222 Posts
In that kind of space I'd imagine it would only be front and rear bumpers that would get contact. If you've ever pushed the bumpers on your Up you will know they are very flexible so will probably take a decent beating.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts