Up Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A month into Up! ownership my radio went wrong.... Reception started to disappear. Booked the Up! into the dealer and a repair was attempted. In the process they damaged the shiny black dashboard and ordered a new one.
2 months on and 2 dashes have been delivered both damaged on unpacking. As it takes a month each time this doesn't seem good enough.
Contacted VW customer services who proved to be dreadful, failing to call back 3 times in succession. Eventually when they did contact me today, they said nothing we can do sir, and a new one won't be delivered until after the 14th October.....
On top of this the radio still doesn't work. It needs to go in for 3 days to have the headlining removed and the entire aerial replaced.
Does this seem like good service? Anyone else had parts issues like this. I am totally disgusted to be honest.Edited by: RedDwarf

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
A very sorry tale indeed but hopefully by no means common. A few weeks ago my CD player packed up. The car went in to the dealer for the fault to be assessed. The result being a new radio was required. It was ordered that day and delivered to the dealer and installed the next day. On picking up the car it had been given a full valet I could not see any marks on the dashboard. Of course this was done under the warranty at no cost to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts