Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started to have driving lessons at the beginning of June and took my practical test today, and I passed first time

So happy and relieved now as I was so nervous this morning. Can't wait to get out in my Up! more and really get to enjoy the car

·
Registered
448 Posts
Well done.That is really good.I bet you are over the moon.Congratulations.

Enjoy your Up!

When I passed my driving test a respected older friend said...ok you have passed...now you learn to drive...advice I have always thought was good. Also Green " P " plates for a while allow other drivers to give you some respect.

Go well.

·
Registered
448 Posts
And of course Tornado Red Take Ups! are the only way to go!!!

Go well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Picking up some "P" plates tomorrow, today was the first time I've actually drove in the rain, that was a bit weird to begin with but just a case of getting used to everything and gaining loads of experience

·
Registered
448 Posts
You are right ...experience starts now.If you get a moron behind you ,just let them pass! Much better to have an Idiot in front of you than behind.Take it steady and you will be fine.Enjoy.

Go well.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Very sound advice Night Owl. It might have been fifty years ago but I still remember that first drive on my own and how scary it was.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Scary, yes...but what a thrill.Passed my test in the morning and drove after work in the evening to pick up my girl friend.She did not know I had passed.No mobile phones then! Passed 2 Police cars on the way...felt so guilty driving on my own.In those days you got a pink slip to show you had passed your driving test..you then sent that to the DVLA.

How times have changed

Go well.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Well done

Now go an enjoy your........
Wait for it...........................

up!

Edited by: gary02tdi

1 - 9 of 9 Posts