Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else find that the passenger seat belt cuts into their neck? It is ok on the drivers side as the seat can be lifted on the high up. A seat belt pad may help but has anyone any other suggestions. Raising the seat would do it or a cushion on the seat?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Barry,

Do you have a 2 door or 4 door version?
As the 2 door version has larger doors, the position of belt to neck is different ...

How tall is the passenger?
A teenager or small woman might use a cushion?
If no one sits on thr rear seats, maybe pulling the seat foreward/back might help?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a four door.
My wife is average height, moving the seat forward would help but then she would be too near the dashboard. We will try a cushion unless we car find a spare drivers seat with height adjustment to fit.....£1000 I bet!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I have the 4 door high up!, too ...
I am 1,71m (5 feet 8 ???). Driver's belt fits perfect,
but I have to admit that I turned the driver's seat up high.

A nice cussion is surely the cheapest way.
Might only cause problems in winter with seat heating on???

As I drive alone 99% of the time, I put the passanger seat in the same position as the driver's seat.

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
I have a three door up! and the drivers seat belt cuts in to my neck. The seat is already quite high up, any further and I'll start having to lean forward to see traffic lights.

It's probably my only criticism of the car that the belt isn't height adjustable.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Mine was a bit uncomfortable to start with but I'm used to it now - it's certainly not hurting me at all. I also noticed that this can happen with the 3-door Polo, too.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Barry,

tried it this morning on the company car park with my 4 (5) door high up! ...
The driver's belt fits good. The passanger's belt indeed cuts a bit into the neck.
Same seat positions.Maybe a 1" or 2" cushion already is enough because the hights difference in my up! isn't that big.

·
Registered
172 Posts
i bought this it´s a very nice quallety very well made cheap fixthey also have leather version and diffrent stiching

http://www.ebay.de/itm/231149167941?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

·
Registered
252 Posts
We were going to buy a pre reg5 door Mii Sport when we got our car, but when the wife was driving she had issues with the drivers seatbelt resting against her neck. Granted she does have relatively long legs & a shorter body so sits with the drivers seat pushed quite well back. Even with the seat raised to a sensible level this was still an issue.

The garage were surprised & said it was the first time they had seen it.

With the 3 door having longer doors it was no issue so we were forced to buy anew 3 door.

·
Registered
172 Posts
iam 189cm and it cut me that´s why i bought these alcantara things they work pretty well , and look is oem ant not boy racer

regards
RIX

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No option to buy the three door now. My dealer also says they had not had any complaints, which I cannot believe. The only option now seems to be to fit a pad. I cannot find a logical reason why the outlet for the seatbelt on the pillar is so high. I can adjust the height of the seat on the drivers side which helps for both of us. We are fairly normal in size.
I have looked at aftermarket belt lowerers but they rely on access to the belt on the door pillar all the way down or are only suitable for kids in the rear seats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts