Up Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

my son reversed his black 2014 base trim (winding windows!) Up! past our gate post and ripped the whole mirror assembly off the passenger side. Its only the mounting plate that is actually broken but don't know if you can buy those anywhere on their own. I've only seen the whole thing or small parts like the glass.

The plastic plate has been damaged that the screws from the inside screw into - unsurprisingly the plastic broke and left the metal screws in the bodywork - I'm sure they are fine. VW quoted £150 for the part and £200 to fit - lol on a 3k car.

Really struggled to find replacement parts elsewhere but I have found a number of places selling this sort of thing

Buy ABAKUS WING MIRROR Left, with socket Item No.: 4059M01, EAN 405901 online (euspares.co.uk)

Buy JOHNS WING MIRROR Left, with cable Item No.: 95 06 37-1, EAN 4052028320796 online (euspares.co.uk)

The company itself when I contacted them said they were not the correct parts (what are they for then lol?)

Dear Customer, According to your VIN-code WVWZZZAAZED088020 we don't have any options. Please contact your official dealer. The OENs are as follows:
1S2 857 507 AB - left side
1S2 857 508 AJ - right side

so I didn't buy them! Not convinced by the numbers above either? Prob going to just go ebay but thought I would ask here first!

Are these wing mirrors pretty universal across all UPs from 2011-2016? So any LH UP black wing mirror should do? I've got all the other bits anyway so even if they are body coloured I could probably swap out the cover etc.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Cheers

Philip

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
My guess is that they are complete assemblies including glass, and you need a passenger side for RHD with flat glass... The mirrors for LHD and RHD are at different angles.

This may help you find the part numbers and thus correct parts:

I checked the part for Skodas which may be the same, but the diagram was less cluttered!

See if you can double check the part number, then google it....

[edit] quick check: 1s2857507ab | eBay ]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My guess is that they are complete assemblies including glass, and you need a passenger side for RHD with flat glass... The mirrors for LHD and RHD are at different angles.

This may help you find the part numbers and thus correct parts:

I checked the part for Skodas which may be the same, but the diagram was less cluttered!

See if you can double check the part number, then google it....

[edit] quick check: 1s2857507ab | eBay ]
Wow - thanks thats really helpful!!!!

Cheers

Philip

·
Registered
5 Posts
You could try Stevens VW Dismantlers for a used part, and either transfer the parts needed, or use the complete part. I've used them many times and saved £'s while still fitting genuine VW bits, albeit used. They are very friendly, approachable and knowledgable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts