Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have done a search but only came up with some information where it was a cash purchase.

I was wondering what people's experience was of paying the remainder of the deposit when buying an up! on finance, did the dealer request this before you got to Inspect the car, or was this paid afterwards when you had checked the car over?

I noticed in the information I was given with my order form that it statesthe balance of paymentis due 1 day before collection! I have paidupfront £500 of my deposit, I owe them another £500 (the rest is on finance, which I am going in to arrange later today)

I wouldn't be happy signing up and paying the rest of my deposit until I have seen the car and checked it, in case there were any problems, has anyone had anyissues paying on the day or are the dealers reasonable when it comes to this?

Thanks if anyone can advise.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I had to pay before collection as well. I think that's normal practice.Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
176 Posts
I believe it is standard practice. I have always thought that the deposit secures the order being placed for the car.

Finance/balance of monies due should be in place and agreed before collecting the car.

Any issues should have been sorted out by then; anything arising on the delivery day should result in the dealer bending over backwards to accommodate the wishes of the purchaser -- you!

·
Registered
851 Posts
I paid a deposit of about £250 when i ordered my up and the balance of the deposit (about £950) i paid on the day of collection as an ordinary debit card transaction.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I paid a £500 deposit and the balance AFTER I had inspected the car. I paid cash but I don't see why it should be any different for a finance purchase.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealership said I would pay the balance on collection, so quite happy with that.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I paid the balance the day before delivery. When the car arrived, I checked it thoroughly before signing for it. There were no problems but had there been anything significant, I would have refused to sign except to record what was wrong. When I have collected cars from a dealer, I check them over then make the final payment. Either way, there is a limit to what you can check in a reasonable time. My lesson was learned years ago when I found an empty space under the driver's seat of my Discovery where the CD changer should have been. It took ages to resolve that so check that any accessories you order have actually been supplied.

Nick

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NickInSurrey said:
I paid the balance the day before delivery. When the car arrived, I checked it thoroughly before signing for it. There were no problems but had there been anything significant, I would have refused to sign except to record what was wrong. When I have collected cars from a dealer, I check them over then make the final payment. Either way, there is a limit to what you can check in a reasonable time. My lesson was learned years ago when I found an empty space under the driver's seat of my Discovery where the CD changer should have been. It took ages to resolve that so check that any accessories you order have actually been supplied.

Nick

That's a good point about recording any issues if found where you'd normally sign, there can't be any excuses then for not sorting them. Hopefully going to collect tomorrow, will try and keep a level head, got a checklist on my phone, and will take my time, need to check it has the correct carpet mats with it being a special edition, and maps and more is there and working etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Internet is one amongst the most effective places to search out high finance deals. If you're obtaining a automotive on finance then you can't afford to ignore the knowledge offered on-line. it's terribly straightforward to use the web to look through the various completely different product and finance packages offered. you may be ready to resolve a lot of details regarding every possibility and this may permit you to create correct comparisons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts