Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I'm buying on a PCP, the dealer said that they might get in touch part way through the lease and put me in a new up for no increase in monthly payments. I remember buying a Ford back in 1992 when Ford first trail blazed the PCP and they suggested part way through that deal that I could early swap. I drove a considerable distance (I had by then relocated) only to find that they could only just manage to get me into a new Fiesta - considerably smaller than the Orion that I then had. I was wondering whether such offers/suggestions always end in disappointment or if anyone had ever had a worthwhile early vehicle swap?

·
Registered
587 Posts
A PCP is inessencea finance agreement so rule 78 applies, and it depends on the amount you owe v the value of your car. It is quite common practice across dealers and the Up! has a decent residual at the moment so swapping early should not be a big issue and may find you have a decent amount of equity.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I asked about this too as I'm planning to pay off early. The dealer or you can ask vw finance for a settlement figure any time during the agreement, you can either pay this amount and keep the car or use any equity as a deposit on another pcp or hp on a new car. There is a small penalty however in that they will charge you a months interest for the privilege.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts