Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wondered if anyone has an archived, electronic PDF older version of the price list which shows that the comfort pack comes with 2 remote folding keys? The VW dealer has asked to see this before taking forward my request for 2 keys with VW UK.

If you can help with please send me the price list. Thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a paper copy which I could scan and email to you.....PM me if you'd like me to do that

·
Registered
122 Posts
i kep one for the same reason just in case i only get the one key!

i have messaged you as i cant attach it to the post

·
Registered
315 Posts
davidw.
Thanks for that link, I have downloaded it and shall be studying it closely. I expected to get two sets of remote keys too especially as I bought the top of the range up!White with everything in the way of additions except the sunroof because of getting my bald head sunburned..... If I can use this price list to prove I am entitled to a second key I shall fire off e-mails to head office at VW again, both in the UK and in Germany.

My partner laughs whenI say "If they don't please me I shall fire off an e-mail" She thinks it's funny. She puts me on a par with Clive Dunn in Dad's Army saying "They don't like it up 'em"
....But I have found it also gets results if addressed to the right person.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bingalau, that ishilarious!

BugBabe it's your choice to question this, but if you knew you were only getting 1 key you don't really have anything to be concerned with! I love to complain, but I think goodwill has a limit so best not to stretch this from my experience. I ordered back in March and specifically need 2 keys, but to be honest I've lost my paper price list!!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I have a PDF of the origional brouchure which states 2 remote folding keys under the comfort pack, if anyone wants me to send it to them PM me your email address and I shall send it to you :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a copy of the brochure - thanks for all your help with this, but it's the price list the dealer is after to take this forward so I downloaded from the link and just hope they'll accept the electronic version!

Thank you all again...

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
thats really odd that they want the price list. I also have that as PDF, but if you need anymore help just ask!

·
Registered
315 Posts
upupandaway.

Yes I ordered mine in February, like youI have mislaid the first pamphlets and price list which I picked up at the dealers. But I am assuming that if it was stated that two keys were included at that time and altered later, they will not have a leg to stand on. They don't know whether I still have the pamphlets etc. (I hope). at £200 or whatever akey it is worth a try.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did get the wriggling feeling, however to be fair the dealership have offered to go to VW UK on my behalf. I will of course talk to VW UK direct if I don't get the result I want...

·
Registered
107 Posts
I ordered my High up! in April when it was already in the UK ordered by the dealer. Just a few days before my order was finalised, VW sent me a brochure stating, as others have commented, that the comfort pack (included with the High up!) came with two keys. The covering letter sent with the brochure did not correct/update this, so when I ordered it I was unaware of any change to the spec. Nor did either of the two separate VW dealers I dealt with mention it. (I didn't ask either, as I had no reason to disbelieve the brochure I'd just been sent).

After I got the car, which was supplied with one remote key and one manual key, and was told that was what it came with, I took the matter up with my dealer. He said he'd spoken to VW and they'd told him they were honouring the two keys promised in the literature, but only for cars specced from scratch by the customer, and for up!s ordered by (I think he said 4th?) Feb. This was obviously incorrect, as the car wasn't even available in the UK by then. He said there was nothing more he could do.

However, I discussed the issue direct with VW and explained that it was not making a good impression to a first-time VW buyer that they didn't honour their published specs sent out just before I ordered the car. I am happy to report that they have agreed in the circumstances to provide me with a 2nd remote key. Whilst it would have been better if this had happened without the customer having to point out the discrepancy, I feel the complaint has been very promptly and respectfully dealt with once I did so. All kudos to VW and my local dealer, who has been exemplary.

Edited by: Violet

·
Registered
956 Posts
Similar problem for me. I ordered mine 23 March and was given the October 2011 brochure which showed the Move up! automatically gets 2 remote keys.

Spoke to my salesman, who started off with the usual "VW reserve the right to change the spec without notice" bulls**t. After a bit of pouting and stamping of feet on my part, plus pointing out that this had been brought to dealers' attention by VW in February, with specific instructions to make all customers aware that only 1 remote key was provided (thanks again M5 SUT) which my salesman most definitely didn't do, he spoke to his sales manager who agreed to provide 2 remote keys.

Now I just have to wait and see if they honour that or hope that, in the excitement of picking up my new car, I forget about it (no chance).

·
Registered
12 Posts
My experience:

I ordered Take up in March with comfort pack, brochure said 2 remote keys. My wife is picking up the car this afternoon, so I checked with dealer yesterday if car came with 1 or 2 keys, and if only 1 I would appreciate it if they would make good on the second one.

Emailed reply received later the same day: "the vehicle does come with 1 key for the UK, but we will organise and pay for a second key for you. As soon as it is in, we can arrange for your wife to pop in and code the key to the vehicle"

Guess i got lucky.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I got my second key programmed last week and it seems if you ordered prior to Feb28th and shout loud enough you will get one. It seems VW made a bit of a **** up on this one and is now paying for it!! Margins may be tight on new cars but 1remote key is just penny pinching!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts