Up Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking all the threads in here , and searching around the web for a solution....i finally did it.
I was looking for a cradle that could hold bigger phones or even pads and.....
please see added photos.
Never wanted to change the pre-installed vw cradle and install third party mounts. Just wanted to use the same base.
if installed sideways, it has enough space .....
for the latest model up!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Digging up an old thread here but I was worrying my new phone wouldn't fit in the vw cradle and was searching for a solution when I found this post.

Bought the phone holder as mentioned by OP after a little detective work. Fits the VW mount perfectly and can now hold huge phones and tablets. It's actually easier to insert and remove your phone than the original holder in my opinion! Thanks OP for posting this as I would have never found it otherwise.

Link to the item I bought incase anyone else needs it:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
How does that fit in an Up!?
The pic shows a device that needs the front headrest to be on legs (the Up! has none)... Have you posted the wrong link?

·
Registered
3 Posts
How does that fit in an Up!?
The pic shows a device that needs the front headrest to be on legs (the Up! has none)... Have you posted the wrong link?
So you only use the bit that grips the phone. It's got the same mounting method as the original up phone cradle with the four squares. Just remove the original holder and apply the one in the link.
Grille Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior
Auto part Metal Fashion accessory Rectangle Electric blue

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK - so there are loads of parts to throw away!
Wasn't clear to me!
Yeah haha should have been more clear! Think the original challenge was finding a holder that used the original mounting method. For under a tenner it isn't too bad if the original holder doesn't fit the bigger phones available now.

·
Registered
392 Posts
This is very cool.

Even more interesting to me though is the custom shaped fabric cover that the OP seems to have on his dash. Have been thinking about making something similar from alcantara (which I have a large roll of).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts