Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2021 gti and I have to say so far I love it! Superb performance and really enjoyable drive.
I have previously had a Citigo so familiar with the abomination that was the PID so was very please to see this has been replaced with a phone cradle.
My question:
What is the point of the M+M app? All the engine data is in the mfd and the music/BT/phone all works from the headunit. Waze/google/personal choice for nav. Am I missing something?

main problem though is that the phone volume is too quiet. Admittedly I was on the motorway but despite turning up volume on headunit and phone during call I could barely hear. Usually there is a way to adjust source input volumes on head units but I can’t find an option in the menu. Similarly does anyone know how to enter service menu in these head units so I can have a fiddle around?

many thanks. Looking forward to the Up journey!

·
Registered
286 Posts
No maps and more is still pants and very few people seem to use it or have anything positive to say about it. You are not missing anything!

Think you need to adjust sound settings from memory. I believe this allows you to adjust the volume by source.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No maps and more is still pants and very few people seem to use it or have anything positive to say about it. You are not missing anything!

Think you need to adjust sound settings from memory. I believe this allows you to adjust the volume by source.
Haha good to know re-m&m thanks. I tried sound settings but I’ll have another look tomorrow.
Also found out about hidden menu- 6 second press on menu button but limited options

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hi Blofeld
Well done on the new GTi, very nice. Phone volume through the radio is usually the 'phone' volume. Due to safety concerns the phone automatically reduces volumes when connected to a bluetooth device. This means that you have low volume and have to compensate with the UP's radio volume. WARNING: when you go back to normal radio its way too loud and you'll blow your windows out. Top tip is once the phone has connected to the car, increase the volume using the phone to max and then fine tune with the UP's radio/ steering wheel controls
Good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Blofeld
Well done on the new GTi, very nice. Phone volume through the radio is usually the 'phone' volume. Due to safety concerns the phone automatically reduces volumes when connected to a bluetooth device. This means that you have low volume and have to compensate with the UP's radio volume. WARNING: when you go back to normal radio its way too loud and you'll blow your windows out. Top tip is once the phone has connected to the car, increase the volume using the phone to max and then fine tune with the UP's radio/ steering wheel controls
Good luck
Hi mike

thanks for this. I have both the phone and the radio/steering controls on max and it is still quiet.

·
Registered
625 Posts
OK, have you re-adjusted the phone volume in the car after you connected to the car's bluetooth (as thats when the safety cuts in and turns it down). Amps, and balance controls checked ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, have you re-adjusted the phone volume in the car after you connected to the car's bluetooth (as thats when the safety cuts in and turns it down). Amps, and balance controls checked ?
I turn all the volume on phone and car to full drying the conversation. Not sure what else to do. All fader etc neutral and standard audio. I’ll re-pair the phone today and see

thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I turn all the volume on phone and car to full drying the conversation. Not sure what else to do. All fader etc neutral and standard audio. I’ll re-pair the phone today and see

thanks
Solved! Re-paired and readjusted headunit volumes and seems to have improved. Odd. Must have been a BT level thing. Anyway thanks for the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts