Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just posting about some new bulbs i just fitted!

I wanted to replace my DRL bulbs as these looked a little dull as standard and while at it replace the indicator bulbs and headlight bulbs. On ebay there are countless types of bulbs and choosing the right ones was puzzling me which ones to go for!

On a previous car i tried going with some H4 led replacemnts and when fitting them i was extremly disapointed with the results. I think LED bulbs are ok as a side light option but not for main beam, just nowhere near bright enough.
With this in mind i thought i would look at PIAA. I have seen these in use in race cars and they are used a lot in motorsport. Obviously the high price did kind of put me off, but i thought sod it! Wanting to stay legal i went with the PIAA H4 Xtreme white Plus. They stay within the legal limits consuming the same wattage as standard but giving an output equivalent of 100/110w. I must say well impressed!! Crisp white light as close as HID as i have seen from a h4 bulb. The good thing is there not to blue either so dont look stupid or illegal. The colour output is stated as 4000K....they look good and perform far better than the standard fitment bulbs.
Completing the look i went with some PIAA wedge bulbs for the DLR and sidelight. Again they match the headlight bulbs and give off a nice crisp white light that looks far far better than the drib drab standard fitted bulbs! For the indicators i used some philips silvervision bulbs. Mirror silver finish but flash a clear bright orange when used.

Overall the new bulbs have not only incresed the performance of the lighting but given the front lights a better overall look too.

Would recommend!!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
When you said high price, are we talkin £91 lol because that's what I found on amazon

·
Registered
63 Posts
The PIAA T20 equivalent is not a direct replacement for the DRL bulbs used in the Up!

I'm guessing that you've fitted the H366 27/8W dual filament bulbs which are not street legal in the UK and have caused some problems with melting plastic in some cases.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No they are not £91 i got them from ebay half that price!!!!

Yes i think its the T20 that i have fitted for the DLR, apologies i forgot to say in the above that these are not street legal! ooops! yes they are the wattage as you have stated. I havent heard of the melting, i will keep a check on this! So far so good though and they have been on for some time now?!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been off the forum for a while and thought I had better get some feedback ref the bulbs I fitted! The PIAA bulbs have been faultless and the PIAA DLR bulbs fitted have been faultless too! No melting or any probs at all. Would defo recommend! I will try and get some pics on here of the cars front end! I have coloured my front fog lenses yellow too, looks pretty cool but I guess that's personal taste?!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts