Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We picked up a year old, black, 3 door High Up this morning. Replacing a ten year old Pug 206. To be fair the old Pug served us well and hardly cost us a penny over the years, am hoping for the same from the Up. It certainly seems well screwed together and it looks great. Can't wait to clock up some miles!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Excellent choice, will give you many trouble free miles. Once youve had a vw youll be converted.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers. Is actually a third VW for me. Learnt to drive on a MkII Golf many many moons ago and also had a Golf GTI about 6 yrs ago. But this is certainly the most characterful VW I've ever had!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had a Mk II Golf 1200 years ago. It was slow but absolutely built like a tank. Just before that I had a Mk IV Opel Kadett (highly desirable because it looked like an Alfasud at the time). It too was solid as a rock back then. However it seems to me now that while VWs are still bulletproof, Opels/Vaxhalls have become flimsy. Funny that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My MkII Golf was a pretty stand out orange colour. I remember being quite embarrassed about it in the late 80's, but now look at the cracking colour on the Groove Up...maybe I was ahead of my time?!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts