Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

So picked up my High Up! this morning, only done 5 miles then had to go to work :(

Seems a good little car. Never took it to work as on my way home there was a very strong smell of oil, so parked it over carboard to see if it is leaking anywhere and if it is it will be going back tomorrow. Also my maps and more was not ordered in stock, so get that on tueday.

Has anyone else had any issues with oil smell?

Rubbish picture from my living room window!

Look forward to getting out and about in it and start saving money!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Looking good!

No luckily I've never had issue with oil on this car. Can't speak for others though. White does look good on an up, especially with spoke alloys and white centre caps.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
May just be transit wax burning off from around engine bay/exhaust....take it for a blast tonight !

congratulations of choosing the correct colour

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Privatedoc said:
May just be transit wax burning off from around engine bay/exhaust....take it for a blast tonight !

congratulations of choosing the correct colour

Ah yeah thats a good shout!

Thanks!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yes, mine smelled quite strong for the first couple of days, especially when the blower was on. It's fine now.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yes mine also especially when it's in the garage
phill

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took the car today to work, Left a good 40 minutes early to have a go in the up!,

For a downgrade from the old car but i would not know. Great little car!

Also a plus.... Smell is going !

·
Registered
333 Posts
You have just reminded me ,I bought a brand new golf GTI 1989 ,and the white looking hard wax was all over the doors under the bonnet etc ,memories Regards,,
phill,,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah the smell has pritty much gone,

one thing i have notices is that i can pritty much watch the fuel gauge move.

Dont know if this is due to a smaller tank and that its a newengine

Not got the maps and more fitted so will be happier when i can see the range i have left.

just seems it moves from half a tank to empty really quickly.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
In Germany we use to measure the liters per kilometer.
Very easy because all parameters use the "100 System"

If you refuel 12.45 liters after 239.5 kilometers it's:
1245/239.5 > 5.2 liters per 100 km ... (12.45 without dot or *100)

Or: If your car needs about 6 liters, you refuel about 18 liters after 300 km ...

The English miles per gallon system is to complicated for people from the continent.

If English up!s can also show the km (on the LED display???) you might use the "continental system".

·
Registered
296 Posts
Welcome to the elite Scottish owners. Wave if you see my in Tungsten Silver in the central belt. Smashing little cars with a big car feel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ospreywatcher said:
Welcome to the elite Scottish owners. Wave if you see my in Tungsten Silver in the central belt. Smashing little cars with a big car feel.

Will do !

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dunno but I've noticed it takes a while to move off full, but once down to 2/3 or so the needle moves more steadily towards empty. The actual consumption is always like the same, its just the way the gauge works I guess..
Edited by: sbce90

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So got a chance to get it washed, clayed, life shined then to coats of poor boys wax,

Really enjoying the car, gets the maps and more tomorrow so looking forward to playing with that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts