Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has now picked her new Move up! up. All we have to do now is to get used to the up! jokes. Even the salesman was cracking them. Will post some photos as soon as I fu=igure out how<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
655 Posts
I think we will all be fed UP with the jokes after a while!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Haha now now fellow senior member you have a reputation(!!) to UP hold to all the others

·
Registered
655 Posts
Haha well at least we have injected some humour to this forum!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Wazzzzaaaaaauuuuppp!!!

I use to hate that advert!!

Anyway back to the car!! Frampers what are you struggling with the photos? You can upload them to Photobucket and link them over! I'm sure theres instructions on here somewhere on how to do it! Hope to see some soon :D

·
Registered
655 Posts
HAHA for now
Maybe I should take a leaf from your book Mr and ask lol!!! Next step UP....300points lol!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Managed to up! load some photos...<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

http://s1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii511/Frampton-Family/Move%20up/

·
Registered
677 Posts
Awesome pictures Frampers!! nice to see it in white ;) how come you didn't get a set of alloys?? would have made it just that wee bit nicer!

Hows it drive? got a name for her yet?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is only a run around for my wife and she is not interested in alloys. I have only driven it a short distance but I loved it. Very nippy and a lovely smooth ride<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

We are going to call it U2

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Managed to prise the up! from my wife for an hour this morning. Took it for a long run along a variety of roads and I am thoroughly impressed. The little engine takes some getting used to, especially starting off in first gear, but once mastered it proved to be lively and remarkably quiet. Cruising along at 80 mph ( sorry officer I meant 70 mph) it was much quieter than expected and the ride was really smooth and comfortable. The handling was excellent. I would have no hesitation in taking the car on long journeys. My only criticisms are minor. I find the polished black dashboard reflects the sunlight and is annoying. Only being able to control the electric window on the drivers side was a pain but I suppose if it only had manual windows that would be all you could do. The fuel gauge will also take some getting used to. As it is a large scale gauge with a small fuel tank it does move quite rapidly down but I am sure that the fuel economy will be good.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">
I think that I will let my wife have my Golf 1.6 Tdi and I will keep the up!!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ek - annoyingly I learned to drive in a diesel and this is my first car... When you mentioned you need to get used to setting off in first gear, is that because it's easy to stall?

I drive my girlfriends Mini Cooper (mk1 of the new reboot) and find getting going a right pain... When I'm not thinking about it it's fine... But as soon as I'm under pressure an unexpected stall manages to slip in every now and then :p

Makes busy roundabouts a right stress - 9 times out if 10 it's fine... But that fear of the time it does stall is a right bugger... And stalling once on a roundabout usually leads to another as your trying to get some pace on and over thinking the pedals ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Unless you get the revs just right it seems to have no power. Once you have mastered the right amount of revs it is fine.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

1 - 20 of 35 Posts