Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collected my car this morning, loving it so far! The pics aren't great, I've only had time to take a few quick shots, but here goes!

This next picture gives the most accurate colour representation of the interior, which is black (not grey as it looks in some pics):

This one has come out a bit grey:

Sorry this one's a bit rubbish, I was parked too close to get a decent shotof the front:

I haven't fired up the PID yet as it's been a busy day today, but I'm sure I'll explore that tomorrrow. Obviously it's very early days but the car generally seems nice and quiet - there were a few interesting noises from the engine and gearbox, but I'm not too worried about that after reading the posts on this forum.

Happy days!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Pics look really good, and the car is great too, hope you have fun in it this weekend, and that the rain stops for you

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Looks good. I like the interior.

·
Registered
315 Posts
V.nice! Like the wheela a lot!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Looks really nice. Hope you have a great weekend pootling about & hope the weather improves for you.Edited by: clowesa

·
Registered
386 Posts
I really like the front end of this car, classic and refined.

And this is by far the best color for the interior.
I've seen others here in Belgium (beige and brown), not liking them at all.

Grtz
Gun

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Nice. Have a great few first drives.

Where the door meets the rear quarter, is the metal work stepped down a bit?

And is it the same on the Ups? And I've just not noticed because mines black

·
Registered
386 Posts
bugbabe34 said:

That is one of the differences between VW and Seat/Skoda. On the VW the lower window rubber continues until the end of the back window. On the Skoda and Seat it stops at the end of the door.
On a black one it's hardly noticeable but on brighter colors it seems a bit odd. On a 5-door it's all the same.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all! I have to say, I'm really pleased with my choice. I know we all have our reasons for preferring the Up, Citigo or Mii, but I'm glad I went for the Skoda, and I really think white suits these little cars so well.

Now, if only this rain would stop...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GunSpeed said:
That is one of the differences between VW and Seat/Skoda. On the VW the lower window rubber continues until the end of the back window. On the Skoda and Seat it stops at the end of the door.

On a black one it's hardly noticeable but on brighter colors it seems a bit odd.

I prefer to think of it as quirky

·
Registered
235 Posts
Great little car.

Re: window - the Mii 3 door is the same as the Skoda - no rear side window trim.

When I looked at the Citigo, I felt that some angles/colours made it look like the door has dropped.

Not sure why they didn't add a trim - it can't have saved much money.

·
Registered
604 Posts
could you please post a picture of the speedo dials as i would like to compare to the up! and i cant quite see them

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nice looking Citigo,looks a lot more grown up than the Up
.Definitelythe better looking when comparing the Citigo vs the Mii

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
spud said:
could you please post a picture of the speedo dials as i would like to compare to the up! and i cant quite see them

Yes sure, I'll try to do that later today.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Thanks Gunspeed, to start with I thought it was just the photo. Just looks a little out of sync IMO.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I do like the very black interior, much nicer than swathes of grey.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bugbabe34 said:
I do like the very black interior, much nicer than swathes of grey.

I had originally ordered a Move Up! and although I loved the look of the gloss black dash, I did find the rest of theinterior a bit grey.

Re the window finish, I think it's actually more noticeable in the photos than when you're looking at the car in the flesh. I agree though, it does look a bit odd, but I can live with that!

·
Registered
315 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
Nice. Have a great few first drives.

Good spot!

I think that stepped feature is the same on the Citygo and Mii whereas the up! runs in a straight line which looks a lot better imo.

Would not be a deal breaker for me although it does look to me slightly odd at first.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts