Up Owners Club banner

Pictures of your Beading

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  welsh1 
#1 ·
So, In the eyes of some I'm quite sad because I really like detailing my car. Recently did a full detail to get rid of all the winter crap off my car and to ready it for warmer weather.

Anyway, took this picture last time it rained and thought it looked quite nice. Wax used was tech wax 2.0 from megs, with 2 coats of SRP and sealant also from AG. Tips, advice, methods and hints here perhaps for fellow detailers (or anyone who just wants to wash their car and get advice on how not to scratch the paintwork!), as well as nice photos for people to swoon (complain) over!

Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

See less See more
#5 ·
Autoglym is simply the best / better than all the rest . seriously it's good stuff .also the glass polish . and to do all your black to black what is it autoglym phill

#7 ·
Beevee said:
Mine was lifeshined before I took delivery. Nearly eighteen months later the beading is the same as when I first got it.
I agree. Although mine is 12 months old. I have used Autoglym products on my " Classic " car for years and have been very pleased with the results. Most of the " pack" that came with Lifeshine is being used on my classic because I just do not need to use it on my Up. Wash, dry and buff and she looks brand new. For me, Lifeshine was well worth it and it treats the seats and carpet as well.

Go well.

#9 ·
I was a zymol chap til I got some autoglym classic wax.....brilliant stuff and MUCH better value

needs a proper prep though...wash, tar strip, clay, wax......good for months

#10 ·
I used SRP and then two coats of HD on my wifes Up! when we first got it in August 13. It lasted until about Feb 14. It could do with re-doing now. I bought a Lifeshine kit for £15 a while back. I'm thinking of using that and seeing how that goes.

I do love HD wax though. Lasts for ages and isn't too hard to apply. You don't have to use a lot either so it seems expensive at £50 but you have to use considerably less than most other cheaper waxes so is probably cheaper in the long run considering how much and often it needs applied.

#11 ·
So decided to do a full detail on the alloys and tyres as it's such lovely weather.

Method: simple clean with some AG shampoo then a rinse and allow them to dry . Then used some non-acidic alloy cleaner (AG custom wheel cleaner was all I had available but it is really nice anyway - it's also bio-degradable so it's nice to the turtles). Just spray it on one wheel at a time and leave for a minute, then use some non-abrasive brushes or alloy cleaners to get in between the spokes (and jeeze, the high up alloys are a pain to clean). Then rinse and leave to dry.

I had to go over each tyre twice because as soon as I was ready to apply the wax I noticed it was dirty in between one of the spokes. Oh well.

Used some AG tyre dressing on the tyres themselves (simply spray on when wet and leave to do its thing. No need to rinse). The tyres look like new afterwards.

Finally , apply the wax (apply, leave to haze and then buff out). I just used wonder wheels instant wax as I don't currently have anything better, but honestly, it does the job. Pictures below :) :

Front left alloy with the custom cleaner on:

Rear left once the cleaner had been used, buffed and rinsed:

Tyre dressing applied:

After the tyre dressing has been used:

Comparison between my detailed alloy and the dirty KA's alloy of my neighbour (when cleaned they should be the same colour as mine! Lol):

And just a profile image to finish :)

Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.