Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is any one know how to easily remove a Plastic panel with radio ??

Some instructions and pictures where to start

·
Registered
27 Posts
minior said:
Is any one know how to easily remove a Plastic panel with radio ??

Some instructions and pictures where to start
How easy does it have to be? The plastic panel and the radio must be removed together and you will need the keys to do this. I bought mine from Amazon market place for £2 and they came very quickly. Search for<h1 ="parseasinTitle" style="font-size: 1.7em; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">VW / Ford / Audi / Mercedes Radio Removel Keys</h1>You should be able to find this easily as removal is misspelt.

My radio was quite a tight fit and needed a good pull to loosen it.
I'm not sure that all radios and heater control units are the same so everything I say here applies to the one I have and not necessarily to the one you have.

Once the radio is released from it's retaining clips then the clips which hold the plastic surround in place are easy to see and a screwdriver will easily prize them off.

Take care not to pull the heater control panel as the cables for heater level and air direction both come away easily from the LOWER connection, as I know to my cost. It would be prudent to remove them at the point where they join the heater control so that you don't accidentally pull them off the lower connection.

This should suffice just to remove the plastic surround and the radio, but I'll send some pictures later if it doesn't. Note that the plastic surround is in two parts. The radio is separated from the heater control unit by 4 screws which lie in quite a deep recess and aren't obviously there to retain the radio. The screws are the star shaped ones so you'll need the right screwdriver for this.

There are quite a lot of pictures and instruction on this subject in the thread about retrofitting a Maps and More device.

Good luck. Are you perhaps trying to retrofit an M&M device?

Red Move up with sensor and winter pack.

·
Registered
84 Posts
<a href="http://volkswagen.workshop-manuals.com/up/index.php?id=924" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://volkswagen.workshop-manuals.com/up/index.php?id=924

</a>

You can make the tools you need out of plastic (ice cream box or old credit card). See one of my latest forum threads (subwoofer installation) for pictures.

Edited by: stratcast

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx guys
you shud be add this workshop page to the forum links

1 - 4 of 4 Posts