Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received these early this week. Have watched the video (albeit in German) and am giving it a go tonight.

Thorough clean, de-tar, then wet with water I think (the car and protectors) before applying with a sponge then push the water out with the special tool!

Anyone speak German give me exact directions?

Www.youtube.com/lackschutz

Edited by: Collas

·
Registered
61 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
Received these early this week. Have watched the video (albeit in German) and am giving it a go tonight.

Thorough clean, de-tar, then wet with water I think (the car and protectors) before applying with a sponge then push the water out with the special tool!

Anyone speak German give me exact directions?

Www.youtube.com/lackschutz
Hi Bugbabe.

You have listed the right order/method. Butthe water shouldsprayed on.If you put 2 drops of soap (for 1 litre of water)in the water, before applying it, it will be easier to position.

Try to push out as much water as possible with the "plastic thing". There can be some tiny bubles left, but they normally disappear after drying (takes up to 72 hours).

Best Regards,

Kenneth

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. All done. Very easily placed, time consuming pushing the water out. But not a bad result.

Very difficult to photograph, but I did try, it was getting dark

·
Registered
304 Posts
BugBabe what thickness of these did you go for, I'm thinking of ordering a set and can see they come in different thickness/ grades of protect. I'm also thinking of getting the rear hatch/ bumper protection for when I'm lugging my bike in and out (sans wheels as it would fit with them)

Thanks in advance for your reply BugbabeEdited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mark I went for the 100 and I had the boot protector too!

The only bits that were excess in both packs were the skinny bits of the sill protector which would normally go where my stainless steel and black protectors are already. I was pleased that the sill protector came in two bits and I didn't need to cut around what was already in place.

Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
304 Posts
Cheers for that BugBabe. And sorry for all the typos in my post... **** iPad spell check changing words! (now corrected) don't know where it got the word 'inappropriate' from to replace 'in advance', he he.Edited by: Markmod1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts