Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to remove the trim that sits beside the rear seats? I seem to have a bad/intermittent connection to my reversing cam and am hoping the rear wiring meets some kind of connector there. If I open the small access hatches to the rear light plugs & wing nuts I can reach forward so far but then need to get further. Even removing the trim by the hatch (and rear belt mountings) might help - one torx screw bu after removing that - nothing seems to be free.
I know how those lower side mouldings come off - the ones that form a rail for the boot floor - but not anything above them - top of picture.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hold on - are you sure there would be wiring and connectors under the plastic "floor holder" parts?

My car does not have the fancy boot floor option and there is no sign of wiring anywhere near those plastic bits.

It does have two big threaded holes (welded nuts), or maybe more, in the metal, which on your pic would be covered by those plastic parts....

·
Super Moderator
1,073 Posts
View attachment 6254 View attachment 6254
Looks like there are a few clips dotted around. Not sure why people are posting about the lower shelf support brackets as you clearly mentioned it was not that. Anyway, not sure if you have checked out 7zap website, it shows clear images and part numbers for this part.
Because if you look at the picture the OP posted, it clearly shows the lower false floor boot bracket, not the upper parcel shelf trim

·
Registered
764 Posts
Given the OP is trying to look for wiring, the diagram is useful, because item# 5 is a removable panel that you open to get access to the release mechanism for the rear lamp cluster (both sides) and there is wiring in there that may include what he is looking for!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Because if you look at the picture the OP posted, it clearly shows the lower false floor boot bracket, not the upper parcel shelf trim
It actually shows both and I wasn't able to take a different photo - but the words mentioned the top trim

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Given the OP is trying to look for wiring, the diagram is useful, because item# 5 is a removable panel that you open to get access to the release mechanism for the rear lamp cluster (both sides) and there is wiring in there that may include what he is looking for!
Yes thanks - I removed them and got the cam to work for a while after disturbing the wires which is why i want to get at more than that hatch allows. (it is for removing rear lamp clusters to change bulbs).

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
View attachment 6254 View attachment 6254
Looks like there are a few clips dotted around. Not sure why people are posting about the lower shelf support brackets as you clearly mentioned it was not that. Anyway, not sure if you have checked out 7zap website, it shows clear images and part numbers for this part.
Thanks - item 3 is the one - and from that it looks as if I remove the torx and then gently lever out against those clips.

·
Registered
638 Posts
But if you read the post. Not sure why you are having a go at me for simply answering the question posted.

·
Registered
638 Posts
If that's your idea of someone 'having a go' then I genuinely feel sorry for you.
Really disappointed in your attitude as you generally do not get involved like this with post comments. Maybe you had a bad day or something. I replied after reading the original post, now if people cannot see beyond pictures, that is an issue for them. For me, Stevie The Fixer asked a simple question, and I replied, seems I have irritated you by mentioning that it was not the lower brackets. Anyway, this forum seems to have seriously gone down hill with the attitude of some members, and you seem to have joined in.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Let's keep it fun, and let's allow a bit of banter.0

There are varying opinions, sure, some based on back-of-a-***-packet physics, and some based on almost religiously-held beliefs.... But so what?

We're all a year into lockdowns and it's not easy.

Let a bit of good spirit and some humour prevail, is what I reckon, and be less quick to take offence...

·
Super Moderator
1,073 Posts
Really disappointed in your attitude as you generally do not get involved like this with post comments. Maybe you had a bad day or something. I replied after reading the original post, now if people cannot see beyond pictures, that is an issue for them. For me, Stevie The Fixer asked a simple question, and I replied, seems I have irritated you by mentioning that it was not the lower brackets. Anyway, this forum seems to have seriously gone down hill with the attitude of some members, and you seem to have joined in.
I'm sorry if I have offended you, was not my intention at all. And re-reading the OP's post, I can see that you are correct, it's just his pictures showed the lower trim and not the upper one.

Please accept my apologies

1 - 17 of 17 Posts