Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am going to service my car at the weekend and want to clean out leaves etc from the plenum chamber.

someone previously posted a really helpful diagram and set of instructions explaining how to remove the plastic cover and clean this out thoroughly.
I’ve done a search but can’t find the post. Grateful if anyone knows where it is or knows how to remove the cover please shout.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
302 Posts
i've done this and there was a lot of crap there

1. remove the rubber strip between the engine bay and the windshield glass
2. remove the two plastic components
3. start with the one that is overlapping the underneath as it comes in two parts. gentry pull off the plastic moulding starting from the middle and working your way towards the side of the car. the plastic part is pressed into the seal between the glass and metalwork. just go slow and it will come off. dont use a tool between the glass as it will damage it.
4. the end of the plastic part is kept on with a sticky tab, this can be pulled off and removed
5. repeat for other side
6. when you have both sides off, be sure to clean the plastic covers and the rubber seal on the glass so there is no dirt present when you push-fit it back into place.

·
Registered
550 Posts
i've done this and there was a lot of crap there

1. remove the rubber strip between the engine bay and the windshield glass
2. remove the two plastic components
3. start with the one that is overlapping the underneath as it comes in two parts. gentry pull off the plastic moulding starting from the middle and working your way towards the side of the car. the plastic part is pressed into the seal between the glass and metalwork. just go slow and it will come off. dont use a tool between the glass as it will damage it.
4. the end of the plastic part is kept on with a sticky tab, this can be pulled off and removed
5. repeat for other side
6. when you have both sides off, be sure to clean the plastic covers and the rubber seal on the glass so there is no dirt present when you push-fit it back into place.
Take extreme care when doing this. Our UP was three years old when I removed them as I needed access to the front strut top mounts. Anyway, the plastic covers both were destroyed when removing them, even though I was using extreme care. Both parts snapped off where they fit under the windscreen, the snapped off parts were stuck solid. Goodness knows how windscreen fitters manage to do this without damage. Eventually managed to make good the damage, but will eventually need to buy replacements if I ever need to remove them again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You have to remove both wiper arms before lifting the drivers side plastic cover. Mine were well stuck on and had to use a make-shift set of pullers to get them off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts