Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dan, can you explain why you get points and why my points are much higher than my post count

Just curious

Cheers

John

·
Registered
956 Posts
I might be able to help a bit.

You get 1 point for each post on someone else's thread, 3 points when you post a new thread/topic and 5 points if someone thanks you for a post.

I think that's it but I'm sure someone else will confirm/refute that.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh....excellent....come on folks, thank me for asking ;-)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Ahh....excellent....come on folks, thank me for asking ;-)

Or me for answering (but only if I was right of course)

Edited by: clowesa

·
Registered
727 Posts
clowesa said:
and 5 points if someone thanks you for a post.

Which I think is all too often overlooked on this forum. The last forum I was on had thanks and groans buttons but I prefer it here where there's just thanks (groan buttons create too much animosity on a forum).

So come on people, there's a lot of great posts on this forum, show your appreciation and hit the thanks button..!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
vwild1 said:
clowesa said:
and 5 points if someone thanks you for a post.

Which I think is all too often overlooked on this forum. The last forum I was on had thanks and groans buttons but I prefer it here where there's just thanks (groan buttons create too much animosity on a forum).

So come on people, there's a lot of great posts on this forum, show your appreciation and hit the thanks button..!!

Yeah, I have to agree. I do tend to thank people for particularly helpful posts but I admit I don't use it enough. And it's not about the points either, just a case of showing appreciation for someone's assistance/knowledge etc.

Edited by: clowesa

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agree.....Thanks where due.....must remember, its the polite thing to do.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I mainly use my iPad though and unfortunately the thanks button is not available

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes it is , just make sure you are viewing in classic rather than mobile mode (at bottom of webpage)

I hate 'Mobile' versions of sites....harks back to the old wap site days, no need with todays displays.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Classic mode looks so old fashioned compared to mobile. But you're right, this is actually the only site I use the mobile version of weirdly!
I must remember to switch if I want to thank someone

·
Registered
525 Posts
I keep pressing the wrong things when I use classic. And by the way Privatedoc I am worried that the next time my GP turns to her computer and starts rattling the keys I am going to suspect her of checking out a forum! She does sometimes seem to stare at the screen for quite a long time.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yapmaul...my secret is out.....actually its not too bad here today, I run a 7am surgery so just finished that and catching up with some prescriptions/etc before I start another one...I'm sure my forum checking, like my order checking will decrease when it arrives!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Privatedoc said:
yapmaul...my secret is out.....actually its not too bad here today, I run a 7am surgery so just finished that and catching up with some prescriptions/etc before I start another one...I'm sure my forum checking, like my order checking will decrease when it arrives!
I wouldn't bet on it! Anyway, I thought you were thinking of ordering another one. That should keep you waiting until after Christmas!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yup, going on sat to probably order a 5 door for Mrs privatedoc...will keep you guys posted !

·
Registered
619 Posts
David Gray will be happy to see you Privatedoc. He said things (business?)had been quiet when I spoke to him on Saturday.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I always wondered about the points, so that's useful to know! :)

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
luckyjimmy said:
David Gray will be happy to see you Privatedoc. He said things (business?)had been quiet when I spoke to him on Saturday.

$10,000 dollar question is how fast can he get us one!......spoke with him this morning....of course the whole thing could be scupperred if she decides she wants an automatic.......if so, I guess a polo might be better although dearer and less economical to run.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts