Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does a new car need to be polished, or can you jump in with wax from the start? Doesn't polish take off a layer of something?
(I'm a novice... But want my new car to look good and last)

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've got a date with a clay bar when I get mine!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
There are many products on the market that both Polish And Wax!

The ones to be aware of are the abrasive ones such as T cut which bring a shine by cutting into the paint to remove the top dull layer!

Just read the instructions before using!

A good quality car shampoo should keep your car looking good! and a top up with wax won't hurt! just remember not to let the kids loose on it with a kitchen "scrubbie" those nylon things will scratch just about anything on the car!

·
Registered
421 Posts
You just have to be careful you wash it well before you wax as you don't want to trap any dirt under the wax layer

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just give it a good wash, skim it with a mild clay-bar and then wax.

If you want a good quality long-lasting wax at a reasonable price then use Collinite 845 Insulator Wax - not much beats it for durability.

Edited by: VWXYZ

·
Registered
655 Posts
So...this is for anyone with the amazing black paint! After two weeks of ownership i treated my up! to the first part of its birthday polish treat!! I went and bought the Turtle Wax 'Black Box' kit from Halfords at £25. I won't lie, it was a long process and what ever you do buy extra gloves and cloths!!! It is a messy job but just look at the results below. The paint is so reflective and it has been incredibly successful at masking any slight issues in the paint. I will top this off this weekend with Autoglym Super Resin polish and would defo recommend this to you all. Hope you agree with the pics it is worth it!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! That looks amazing!!!
Can I get it for red?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Markymark how would you like to come and clean & polish ours when we get it!!!

That is one highly polished up!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Haha doesn't it look ace!!! It just exists for black paint and I can gladly do others, at a huge price for my time!!!!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Thanks
I plan some more nice pics in the sun today to show off my sexy beast!!

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Stunning looking, mark i know what it's like polishing a black car cause we have nine off them at work.
Only bad thing about that is that they are 23 feet long?

·
Registered
956 Posts
That is one fantastic looking polish job Mark, the finish is amazing. Go on...just how long DID it take?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Oooohhh Marky with these pictures you are spoiling us!!!
I always get a little giddy when I see your pics as that's how my Heidi will look like

Did you order the wheel caps as I see you got white, my other half asks if you think they can be sprayed black to save the extra expense (penny pincher!).

·
Registered
655 Posts
Thannks for the kind words guys

Clowesa it wasn't to bad, about an hour and a half doing it fast so closer to two hours in the normal weather conditions! It is a long process but worth it!

ZumbaQueen I am glad to be of service and hope ur excited...its a great car! And the caps are only £45 and my dealer payed for them as a nice gesture...they are a must in my opinion and as soon as they are here i shall post comparison pics....and no to spraying them as they are a glossy finish so it wouldn't work in my opinion.

·
Registered
655 Posts
No issue for the stone chips as the car is barely used in the week...just a weekend toy! So it is perfect...for now!! And yes indeed black can be amazing in the right hands that like to keep it clean!!!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Haha OCD indeed...the effect of working at BMW and Aston Martin in the past

1 - 20 of 24 Posts