Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,I am a happy owner of a Polo 1.2 70ps (3 door black pearlescent 1 year old).I can't drive the Up,as it's just a little too small for me (I'm six foot five!),but I have to say that I think your Forum is great,really vibrant and witty,and a pleasure to read!.I think that Polo and Up owners have alot in common;similar cars and engines,with a similar experience on the road,and we would all benefit if we could swap notes from time to time.An example of this is the various postings of worried Up owners in the regard to engine noise under acceleration-I'd say that this happens in my Polo-smooth and quiet at steady revs,but pleasantly vocal when you put your foot down.Anyway,just to say,best of luck to yourselves and enjoy the Up!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi polohtp and welcome to the up! forum. I'm sure everyone will be more than happy that you've joined our little club and it's always useful to have input from other VW owners.

It's a pity that the up!s not for you, although I can see why it might be a bit of a struggle. Having said that, I was really surprised when I test drove one at just how spacious it does feel and how much leg room there is for both front and rear seat passengers.

If you haven't been in one yet, it might be worth a trip to your local dealer to try it out because it really is a lovely car to drive (still waiting for mine to arrive though so my only experience is the test drive). I think you'll already have seen on here how much the lucky people who already have theirs love them.

You never know, you might even be converted

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I called my up 'tic-tac' because it's smaller than a polo, but just as cool.. Lol
My new car of choice was going be the new polo a year or so back, but could not afford the level of trim I wanted. When the up came along, the price was just right.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply-I've already sat in one at the dealers,but unfortunately,there just wasn't enough legroom for me.The Polo has just enough legroom for me to be comfortable(the Golf was even better,but my wife didn't like the rake of the seats!),and I love the mini-Golf look of the Polo,but each to their own,the Up looks great too!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hiya!
I to am a currently a Polo driver but soon to be an up! driver. I like the Polo very comfortable and the power is great but it's more than I need for my modest running around.

Welcome

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
hi and welcome!

we always love input from other people, shame like you say tha the up is just not quite big enough for you.
i am also a current polo driver until my up arrives, however mine is a 12 year olkd beaut, she is just costing more to fix than she is worth now... so time for a big change!
good to hear that the polo does similar sounds with the engine re:slightly noisy when accelerating

you should put up some pictures of your polo for us to see :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do willowaz,as soon as I know how to,as I'm no techno wiz,and I'm using my mobile at the moment!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
ah i see, not sure you can upload from your mobile directly, however i think there is a thread on how to upload photos via computer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts