Up Owners Club banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
For those of you with the B14s, what does it do to the composure and handling of the car.
I fitted Koni FSD shocks and Vogtland springs to my Fiat Abarth, and the ride was very firm, but so composed, you could take corners at any speed you wanted, knowing within reason, the car would just stick to the road and handle whatever you threw at it.

I knew that the Up Gti needed to be lowered a bit more, so invested in the B14s, which are tucked away safely in their box.
Along with the Milltek exhaust, that will probably be the full extent on my mechanical modifications to my Gti, keep the car as close to standard as possible.

I would still be interested to learn what the B14s will do to the cars behaviour and comfort levels, compared to the standard set up.
Personally I find everyday driving just as comfortable as it was previously.

You'll notice them in town when going over speed bumps (slow down for sure!), and on the B roads when you're giving it some beans, particularly in the bends. Glorious.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Personally I find everyday driving just as comfortable as it was previously.

You'll notice them in town when going over speed bumps (slow down for sure!), and on the B roads when you're giving it some beans, particularly in the bends. Glorious.

Don't think so about the comfort......

Everyday car here too, have B14s on, lowered 5,5 cm (2,17 inches) and I can't say that the ride is as comfortable as previously. Not too hard suspension but you can feel it enough.

Sure you must be very careful going over speed bumps (especially if you have lowered your car too much) and as for the bends........totally agreed. Combine B14 with a good (not eco) tire and the result will be....Glorious! ;-)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Before you go for different tyres, try lowering the pressure . I find the pressures recommended by VW for the Up way too high.
Originally the tyre pressure was a lowish 2.2 bar / 32 PSI
VW's way of adjusting for a less than optimum suspension set-up...

Tyre choice is always a good part about personal preference - how a tyre feels to you
Unfortunately, you won't know that until you find out :wink:

21 - 23 of 23 Posts