Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping you can help?
I have just returned from my local Seat dealership where i got my wifes Seat Mii serviced and feel a little let down by the poor service received.

Has anyone had their Seat serviced buy a volkswagen dealership and other than the goodwill issues have they experienced any problems?

Many thanks Glen

Moray, ScotlandEdited by: StormTrooper

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Issues with the service or the goodwill issues?

I was told by Seat that if I get my car serviced away from a Seat dealership that seat were less likely to honour faults that fell out with normal warranty claims. This doesn't surprise me at all and I'm quite happy to risk it!

As for the service, they neglected to tell me the service was going to take 3 hours, they told me they don't clean the insides even though its clearly stated in the service leaflet that the car would be hoovered and they decided to not include my oil pack which again was supposed to be included. And to top it off I was made to wait even longer because the service reception didn't notice the keys were sitting in front of her.

I know its not life or death but when you pay £170 you expect good service. I have an Up and the service from my vw garage couldn't be any better...

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'd be very tempted to use the VW dealer they seem to have very high standards compared with other dealers. As for the warranty I would risk it but speak to Seat customer service first and the service manager at Seat and explain why you are getting it serviced elswhere. Ask for a note to be put on file for future reference and any potentisl warranty claims.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess they can all be as bad a each other ˜• must admit was shocked by the price. I have the service plan with my Up and its so nice not getting a bill after each service!

£170 for what is basically a walk around and an oil change.˜¬

·
Registered
70 Posts
I must admit I took the £99 VW service plan and have been very pleased with it.VW southampton have been punctual, really good communicators and given me decent courtesy cars too every time I needed them.

I shall be opting for a service plan on any new car I get too (fancy a scirocco now!) as it's simply got to be good value for money.

Makes a change from my last car (Audi TT) and it's £600+ services every 2 years and about 1/2 that in between.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Stick to the independent dealerships...you have to search them out but generally pretty good, I use Ingram VW in Ayr...they also have skoda and seat franchises........avoid the biggies like Arnold Shark !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts