Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just ordered in new supplies of their wheel sealant/polish. I haven't found anything better to protect alloys from brake dust/salt/grime yet.

If anyone has a better solution please let me know? Ta.

·
Registered
95 Posts
G-Techniq stuff is top notch. Not cheap, but then the best things never are.

http://gtechniq.com/main-page/

This is acknowledged to be one of the best wheel protectors --- http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/exterior-coatings/c5-wheel-armour/

For all your cleaning needs look on this site if you havent found it already. Can get a little OCD on there though :)

I just bought a polisher and several potions to sort the 06 plate metallic Black Corsa we just bought for our Son to learn in.. Can't wait to get cracking..

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This stuff sounds good and it's about the same price. Poor boys can be used on any type of wheel....diamond cut, powder coat etc...can this? It doesn't say?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Ooooo I've been planning on buying this, about £18 a pot? Let us know how it goes!! I buy most stuff off amazon but now use monza car care website!

·
Registered
95 Posts
From what I have read on "detailing world", the Gtechniq C5 treatment is perfectly OK with diamond cut.

If in doubt give Gtechniq a call, they are very helpful.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Will give them a ring tomorrow.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gave them a call, and C5 is fine with my wheels. That seems the way to go as it can last over a year!

I have also found there is a mobile valeter from them near me....he has a new car valet with optional wheels and glass for £275. Takes a day but he reckons it won't need doing again for a year. Might be something to think about in the spring. I'll do the wheels myself while they are still new.

I could do C5 on one side and Poorboys on the other to compare!Edited by: Scrubnut

·
Registered
430 Posts
I can also recommend poorboys wheel sealant, it makes cleaning the wheels easy even when caked on brake dust as it stops all the crap sticking to them in the first place. For the bodywork I use DODO Juice products, I'm not anal about it but just like to make life easy for washing and with a good quality wax applied again cleaning is a doddle.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Slick rims! I dunno if it's been properly launched yet, as the version I have is a beta, but it's bl00dy brilliant! I think it's due to be about £40 a bottle. Worth it IMHO.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Huge treasure trove has arrived! Bird Sh&t remover, bug squash and sealant with lots of squirters. I love this stuff, especially the DoDo sprayers with the locks of the handle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts