Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I took my car in for a clutch check, and was advised that he thinks there is a leak somewhere but obviously as I’m still in warranty with my dealer, it’s best to get them to check!
If you listen to the video you can hear a whooshing air noise just as I push accelerator!
Any ideas?!
Thanks
2012 take up 31k miles

* don’t know how to add video! But any help appreciated *

·
Registered
776 Posts
What are the symptoms of there being a 'leak' with the clutch? Hydraulic fluid? Seems unlikely with a newish car. You'll need to be able to show the dealer something to get s warranty repair...

As for the accelerator air whooshing noise, the only things I can think of are a loose airbox or its pipework, vacuum servo pipes for brakes, or turbo pipework to and from the intercooler....

To post attachments, it depends on what device you are using - PC or phone - but it's similar. Look for a camera icon where all the other symbols are, like Bold, Italic text etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should have said clutch was fine

The whoosh noise is seperate issue. It’s a 2012 plate I purchased in December 2020.

no turbo either as it’s a take up.

The air box was loose and rattling when I first bought it, and had to take it back for new clips.

sadly the camera only lets me add photos and not videos.

what I’ll do is upload to YouTube and post here!

·
Registered
776 Posts
So you figured out the video! For some reason I thought you had a new GTi - no idea why!

Hard to tell what's going on. Can you get sound from under the bonnet with someone else blipping the throttle?
IMHO, also the car does sound a bit "tappety" by the way....

As I said, check the hoses and junctions to the brake servo. And possibly check crankcase breather hoses, although I'd be surprised if that "whooshes".

As for the clutch - what is the reason for thinking there is a leak somewhere? Can you see fluid, or is the reservoir low?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts