Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed that a good proportion of active forumites tend to post less and less after they get the cars.........are they gone for ever or once the novelty of being upwardly mobile wears off will they return?

·
Registered
956 Posts
I reckon that after the initial uploading of pics and posting of 1000/2000km reviews, they'll check out the forum occasionally but probably only post if they get problems with the car or see something they just have to respond to. Natural progression really.

When I say "they", it's entirely possible that I may have to include myself in that group if I ever take delivery of mine.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably me too......but I'll try to keep checking....promises promises

·
Registered
553 Posts
P.M.S.L.......

Was thinking along these lines myself .....

And I'll probably be an absentee member once we eventually get our car!....

Maybe!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'm still here

·
Registered
956 Posts
Rednaxela said:
I'm still here

Well done Alex, but for how long...........................

·
Registered
235 Posts
Me too !! only missing today as picked up baby jet yesterday and spent today popping around. Will keep logging in as I am not going to be doing as many miles as some and will be intresting to see what people say. Have to say love it and so lovely to drive. ONLY bug is seat belts can not be lowered like i my polo, so cutting across my neck. Have tried raising/lowering seat does not help

·
Registered
619 Posts
Perhaps those with cars are just being polite - they may not want to annoy those folks still waiting on cars by posting their latest exploits.

·
Registered
956 Posts
luckyjimmy said:
Perhaps those with cars are just being polite - they may not want to annoy those folks still waiting on cars by posting their latest exploits.

You have a very valid point there luckyjimmy but.......................nah, they're just too busy spending time with their new up!s and don't need us anymore

And who can blame them, if I had Boomer now I'd be buzzing around Leeds with a huge stupid grin on my face, asking total strangers if they need a lift to Edinburgh (or London, or Cardiff, who cares)

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
i think initially people will disappear for a little while and those who are true forum goers will return eventually

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am still on here at least twice a day even though had car 5 weeks tomorrow... Wouldn't know what to do with my evenings otherwise!! Have been out the last two evenings with the family and my daughter has finally had her first drive of our Up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I did stop posting for a little while but mainly because I've been working and can only access the site on my iPad.. My phone is not playing nice at the moment! Still here in spirit though....

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm still here! Utica is in the apartment block car park.. and people have stopped parking next to her for some reason... she must be too good! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts