Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Friendly folk,

ive been lurking for some time now and thought id post as im currently in discussions with a few dealers regarding the Seat Mii Toca.

seems to be the cheapest of the bunch and the best deal (for the upgrades you get) more than likely i will change the paint color from the standard yellow to white (the next cheapest option)

ive been running a 14yr old VW polo for the last year and a half and its been causing me no end of troubles and now needs a new gearbox so think its time to trade it in and upgrade.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I know a few folk that have gone the toca route and been absolutely delighted

best of luck with your dealings and be sure to let us know what transpires

·
Registered
23 Posts
great choice: it's a cheap way of getting some good extra spec. Definitely go for white rather than yellow.I find the yellow a bit pale and it may not be attractive to used buyers. If your budget can stretch the metallic finishes are even better though.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
You write "the cheapest of the bunch" ...

The Seat "Portable System" is NOT standard - even if it looks like it ...
Try the config program.

To my mind you should spend the 295 GBP for the "Portable System" (called Maps&More in a VW up!).

Many people who did not order it regret it - and 99% of the owners are very pleased with it.
It's much more than just a navi system. It includes Bluetooth for your smartphone connection (to radio), SD card possible (for thousands of mp3s), motor management display and more ...

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I like yellow!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Comes as standard according to the website.Get your hands on the innovative Mii Toca, which combines the style, comfort and sportiness of the SE model.

Check out the 14""� alloy wheels and body-coloured electric wing mirrors on the outside.

Then, step inside and discover all the exceptional features that make the Mii Toca even more enjoyable. From electric windows and a leather steering wheel and gearknob to air conditioning and the SEAT Portable System Live, featuring satellite navigation and Bluetooth, you'll be ready for anything.

But I think K I know what you mean. They have already specced that's part of the price.

The deal is 129 deposit and 129 a month for 36 months. Going to see the dealer on Saturday.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Joelk,
that's right. The toca comes with the SEAT Portable System as standard, and contrary to what Cadfael said, on SEAT's, the dash comes pre-wired for it, unlike the up! Which has to be specced when new, unless you do all the dash wiring yourself. You'll love the toca, it even comes with the sensor pack reversing sensors.Edited by: Timii

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Timii said:
Joelk,
that's right. The toca comes with the SEAT Portable System as standard, and contrary to what Cadfael said, on SEAT's, the dash comes pre-wired for it, unlike the up! Which has to be specced when new, unless you do all the dash wiring yourself. You'll love the toca, it even comes with the sensor pack reversing sensors.

yeh, i was sure it came as standard and the Seat website seemed to agree with me.

im going tomorrow to have a test drive and talk money. im going to a main dealers, will they be likely to match an offer (the 129 deposit and 129 a month) that bristolstreetmotors are giving me?

·
Registered
149 Posts
We bought our Mii from Blade SEAT and I see on their website they are doing the Mii toca interest free with 2 yrs free servicing at the moment.

http://www.bladegroup.co.uk/seat/new-car-offers/seat_mii_toca_3dr/

Might be good leverage to know what deals are out there.

Ours is deep black metallic, and looks ace but the white is a no-cost option in the SEAT range (odd because vw now charge a bit extra for white...)
I like yellow as well, and it would be my choice if speccing a new one.

Don't forget to spec it with a spare wheel. Only costs £50 at the time of ordering. Much dearer as an afterthought.

Good luck.Edited by: Timii

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Timii said:
We bought our Mii from Blade SEAT and I see on their website they are doing the Mii toca interest free with 2 yrs free servicing at the moment.

http://www.bladegroup.co.uk/seat/new-car-offers/seat_mii_toca_3dr/

Might be good leverage to know what deals are out there.

Ours is deep black metallic, and looks ace but the white is a no-cost option in the SEAT range (odd because vw now charge a bit extra for white...)
I like yellow as well, and it would be my choice if speccing a new one.

Don't forget to spec it with a spare wheel. Only cosrs £50 at the time of ordering. Much dearer as an afterthought.

Good luck.

on the Seat Configurator the white is £175 extra :-s

i will be ordering the spare indeed.

im going to a Blade Seat actually, the one in Gloucester. The nearest Bristol Street Motors Seat dealer is in Birmingham, im prepared to travel if needed. The main thing i want to do is keep the monthly payments and deposit as low as possible. im not really bothered if i dont get the servicing included as i can budget that throughout the year anyway.

what is the service intervals just by chance?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
10K miles (or 1 year).....or every 4.5 months if you are me!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I stand corrected! They must have just recently started charging for white. My friend bought a new white toca in April and the white was a no-cost option (that or tornado red). Our Mii was bought from Blade SEAT Gloucester. Nice deal. I expect they can beat the £129/£129 offer you have had from BSM. Good luck.Edited by: Timii

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Timii said:
I stand corrected! They must have just recently started charging for white. My friend bought a new white toca in April and the white was a no-cost option (that or tornado red). Our Mii was bought from Blade SEAT Gloucester. Nice deal. I expect they can beat the £129/£129 offer you have had from BSM. Good luck.

thanks mate, i dont mind paying the extra to have the white. im trading in my old polo so hopefully that would cover the extra pain option or they could "do me a deal".

Does anyone have nay tips of haggling?!

im officially the worst person in the world at it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Up!_to_Mii said:
Car dealers discuss haggling customers here:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=1096402&mid=0&i=9420&nmt=The+Car+Salesman's+Thread&mid=0

I followed the advice and in return for a commitment to buy that day got citisafe braking and a spare wheel thrown in free!

so it seems that going in and asking for their best price isnt the way of going about it.

going in with a drive the deal quote asking if they can match it is a better option?

ive always been one for an easy life and paying sticker price/advertised price has been my thing. (only ever bought 2nd hand cars) so today i will get some quotes with the options i want and go armed with them.

(secretly, dont tell the dealer this) but if i can get it in white with a spare wheel ill pay the £9995

·
Registered
88 Posts
>>(secretly, dont tell the dealer this) but if i can get it in white with a spare wheel ill pay the £9995

That's exactly what I did (well spare wheel and emergency braking)! He made a quick phone call and we were in business! In my experience the direct approach worked well.

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts