·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of Pretty Pictures to ease the wait

·
Registered
851 Posts
These are the original pics and the car is really lush. But I've seen some more recent pictures showing the car more pimped, more bulbous and quite simply vulgar. If the GT looks like this then I would love one. To me, the two versions are like the mk 1 and 2 Focus. One slim and gorgeous and one fat and ugly. My fingers are crossed with regard to the one we end up with!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fell in love with the original too, just love the seats, front dam and twin exhaust.....those wheels are super too......can't wait to see what we end up being offered.

·
Registered
851 Posts
In your gut do you not think you might be disappointed? Fat and bulbous seems the trend at the moment. I saw the latest Astra next to a previous model. The new one was so much wider from the waist down but the width window-to -window was about the same.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it is a non-starter I'll prob go for a beetle! or another up! I do like the abarth 500 but couldn't live with the crap quality, crap dealers and stone-like depreciation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Love those seats..Seem retro along the lines of the MK1 Golf GTI...

I agree about cars getting bulbous..The polo nowadays is the size the old golf used to be..

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
That could be my second car lol in the 10th pic down it shows the centre console, is that a iphone where the radio should be? That would be brilliant if it is, since buying my ipad i've said it would be great if i could replace my radio with it, but because every year or so a new i product comes out it'll probs never take off

·
Registered
587 Posts
Looks like it will not differ too much in showroom spec, I expect to loose the twin exhaust and possibly the dials and steering wheel detail, but other than that, I cannot see it being much different!
Oh and I cannot see the iPhone doc being standard either!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Brilliant want one NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Absolute epitome of the 'pocket rocket'

·
Registered
587 Posts
One litre With a turbo, think 105PS and 175Nm torque and will weigh in at around 990Kg, will be pretty quick for what it is. Maybe not quite up there with the Golf GTi or even my Leon FR TSi 211, but being small will feel pretty quick and fun.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Are there rumours that it could be 160bhp? Or did I dream that?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Itzben said:
Are there rumours that it could be 160bhp? Or did I dream that?

I think there was talk a 1.2TSi fitting under the hood, but it would max out a 1 litre and have a big but laggy turbo to get 160bhp.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Completely agree with Ian. The seats are not for me, I would go for the leatherette again. But love the wheels and the look of the car

·
Registered
432 Posts
A little engine can come alive with a turbocharger. Ford's 1 litre Ecoboost engine produces 205 PS (!) in tuned form, and when fitted to a single-seater, lapped the Nurburgring in 7 minutes 22 seconds, making the Formula Ford the 11th fastest road
legal car around the Nürburgring Nordschleife, making it faster than the
Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari Enzo and the Pagani Zonda.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/60038/ford-10-litre-ecoboost-road-legal-racer

·
Registered
453 Posts

really hope they release it with those wheels as will match my Ed35, carbon grey would be nice too

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
loving that wheel design

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Looks like I am alone in hating those stupid thin tyres. When I see BMWs, Mecs etc with those tyres, I think they look really ugly and stupid. They look like the ones on early cars, which had solid rubber tyres on spoked iron rims. Why? You will get a harsh ride, for little advantage.

I would like one that looks like the normal car, but with the turbo charged engine and 6 speed gearbox.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts