Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this can be split into two questions:
- When navigating while listening the music, is there an option to stop the abrupt pausing of the music for the satnav to speak? I note it fades up after the command, can it fade down or just duck the music (instead of pausing it?)
- Our m&m announces every 1/2 minutes that there is new traffic information on our route, anyway to stop the notifications? They're far too frequent!

P.s. Is there an easy way to just show the map while driving and not navigating? Say I know where I'm going but would like to see the speed limit/camerasEdited by: grooveclip

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
My M&M works "German", so others may better tell you the right steps / correct names in English ...

Read the radio manual.
On the last pages (?) are some options about Navi-Radio (CD) sound relation ...

Select the Navi on your M&M and click the option button at the bottom.
There you find many options. Don't know if "direct" speed camera warning (and showing them) is allowed in the UK. My M&M warns me of "danger spots" via voice (no matter if Navi or other things are on). And all these "danger spots" all have speed cameras ...

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
From the main menu select navigation. On the navigation screen select options and one of these is "show map" select this option and the map is displayed. Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
My music doesn't stop ...
It fades down. This can be adjusted on the radio (in steps). Maybe your adio is set to "quiet"?
Also the traffic advice volume can be set on the radio (turn volume knob while an advice is given).

This can all be found in the radio manual.

I know that reading manuals is not very "thrilling" ...
But in the radio manual are some interesting possibilities for adjustment.
It really makes sense to read most of it - especially radio and M&M interaction ...
If you have rear sensors, the radio volume can also be set when putting in reverse.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cadfael said:
My music doesn't stop ...
It was definitely completely pausing the music, making the announcement and then playing it again the other day.

I found the traffic advice volume but not adio on the radio settings menu, I see:Skm, Vol, Gala, Dis, Phone, Pdf and Aux only (I'd grab a photo but not with the car atm).

Where (I think):
- SKM - automatic station finding
- VOL - default volume
- GALA - increase in volume when going faster
- DIS - backlight
- Phone - telephone setup volume
- PDC - volume reduction for parking control

- Aux - volume of aux input

Cadfael said:
I know that reading manuals is not very "thrilling" ...
But in the radio manual are some interesting possibilities for adjustment.
It really makes sense to read most of it - especially radio and M&M interaction ...
If you have rear sensors, the radio volume can also be set when putting in reverse.

On your advice I've read the manual (particularly the last few pages) and can't see details on the auto ducking for navigation. Am I just missing something?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for your help so far, from the top:I'm playing music over bluetooth on my phone, the radio is set to media -> nav. When navigating, for any announcement the music is completely stopped while the announcement is made, then resumes where it was before it stopped.

The only possibly related option I've found isPDC (volume reduction for parking control), which I've set to the minimum.

It was doing it again this morning!

Perhaps I can take photos or record a video of it doing it so you see what I mean?

Edited by: grooveclip

·
Registered
171 Posts
grooveclip said:
Is there an easy way to just show the map while driving and not navigating?
Beevee said:
From the main menu select navigation. On the navigation screen select options and one of these is "show map" select this option and the map is displayed
""¦on the NAVIGON M&M""“ apparently Garmin is the same except it's<b style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">More functions[/b]rather than<b style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">Options[/b].

Alternatively, to stop navigation directions being spoken, just tap the button at the bottom rightish of the screen with a speaker icon. Directions are still shown on the screen, but don't interrupt your music.

More info in the manual: Garmin/NAVIGON

1 - 10 of 10 Posts