Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We're looking at changing my wife's VW Fox for a Take Up, almost certainly just the basic model.

We will probably sell the Fox privately to get a better price.
I know from previous car buying experiences that car dealers always claim they cannot offer a discount & that they 'make no money' from selling their cars but, I wondered if anyone has any recent facts on what they paid / were able to get a new VW Take Up for?

I live in Wiltshire & am happy to buy the car from anywhere in mainland Britain.

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I think there is quite a few threads on this already if you serach. In my case I was unable to get anything off or anything thrown in and these things are selling fast! However, others claim to have got good discounts and other goodies. It may be about timing, time of month and dealer targets as to wether you get a discount but always worth a try. In my experience of VW their not as generous as of dealers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I kept the salesman hanging for a few days, didn't answer my phone and dealt with via email. I am getting the High up! However I have got three years servicing, gap insurance and Gard x paint and fabric protector thrown in for free and a discount n the car of about £400. They need the sale more than you, just be prepared to walk away, at the end of the day there are lots of VW dealships you can play off against each other if need be. Don't think that they sell brand new cars everyday.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your comments. I've initially been offered £498 off the list price of the basic Take Up but I'm sure there's more to be had! A good point you make is to be prepared to walk away which, most people aren't able to do!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Towjo said:
I kept the salesman hanging for a few days, didn't answer my phone and dealt with via email. I am getting the High up! However I have got three years servicing, gap insurance and Gard x paint and fabric protector thrown in for free and a discount n the car of about £400. They need the sale more than you, just be prepared to walk away, at the end of the day there are lots of VW dealships you can play off against each other if need be. Don't think that they sell brand new cars everyday.
I think theybdomotherwise VW would take the franchise away from them !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts