Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our dealer called today and warned of Up! price rises.

We were due to go to dealer next Weds to place order but he has done it over the phone today and we have a price protected ie old price High Up! now on order.

Prices have already changed on the VW website for certain Up! models.

·
Registered
119 Posts
your right just had a look and UP White & black gone from £11,180 to £11,305 looks like they have underestimatedhow well they would do :) our gain there loss

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mogwai said:
VWXYZ said:
mogwai said:
The High up and options I am looking at are still the same price.

UK website? Definitely gone up. Take Up! is still the same though.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/up-nf/which-model/compare/overview/
Yep on the uk website. If the price changes where applied to today the prices I noted 2 days ago are the same.

They also match the printed price list I have dated effective from 1st April 2012.

We have price list dated 01.04.12 - physical price list and eg....

High Up! is listed in it at £10390 - which is price we have ordered at.

But website is now £10515

Dealer said they were inflationary increases.

Edited by: VWXYZ

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks like the new increased price list confirms that the comfort pack has only one remote key and also offers a change in model- bluemotion 75 ps now available for uk orders............

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
hmmm thats interesting, I wondered when the blue motion75ps would come out, but then Im happy with mine.. when it arrives!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Doubt if the base 'Take up!' price will rise... as its the Sub 8k that grabs the headlines for a classy little baby up!

·
Registered
144 Posts
yeah totally agree basic model price wont change but i dont get why they bringing 75ps bluemotion later plus there isnt many BM owners out there

·
Registered
56 Posts
As I recall, when the TT was launched as an instant hit and snapped up (puntastic ;), Audi "adjusted" the price upwards and used currency exchange rate vicissitudes as the excuse. So VAG has form here!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just ordered my red High up! today and the dealer knew nothing of a High up! BM being available any time soon. They also knew nothing of any price rises, and my order reflects the £10,390 base price of the High up! rather than the £10,515 on the VW website configurator. I decided in the end that over three years the running costs saving on the BM versions was probably not worth the extra cash, and it made getting nice wheels tricky, although I have specced for LRR tyres (ECO3 V rated, whatever that means) for an extra £40.

I couldn't get any discount or extras thrown in (even drivethedeal only shows a £100 discount off list), but did mention that if they were going to buy me flowers and a bottle of wine, I'd much rather have some mats and a boot liner!

I also remembered to ask if I could pick a reg number off the list when the time comes.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Ed and welcome, The VW configure tool does not have the High Up BMT either at the moment. The BMT technology makes a lot of sense as a company car driver, as it lowers the Benefit in Kind tax rate for the car as well reduced fuel costs.

We decided against the BMT on out Move Up for the same reason as you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Interestingly, I got a phone call yesterday to say the High up! BM was now available to order if I wanted that one instead, but I would have to pay £10,875 base price for it. Probably for the best - I'll leave my order as it is, locking in the pre-rise price and hopefully I'll get the model year 2013 too.

The dealer said I should get a build week sometime next week.

·
Registered
604 Posts
move up blue motion price has moved up was 9330 now 9440 ordered mine same day as website put price up and garage charged me the lower price, happy dayz

1 - 18 of 18 Posts