Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

Ok so after my long long wait I've finally found the perfect up within budget.

3dr special white edition! 75ps
Sound pack
Sensor lack
Assistance pack
Leather pack

So!! I'm buying private(never done this before-only way I can get it at this price!)

So, I've done my research but just need some more advice if possible!

The people seem lovely and genuine anyway but...

So I'm flying to them, then they are picking us up(myself, my boyfriend and my dad), and taking us to their house. Go over the car, test drive etc(should I do an rac check or do u think myself and my dads opinion of the test drive plus the first years service history is good enough to say its mechanically ok?)

We were going to pay cash.

So, they still have the finance however I amn't comfortable with that so the only way I am is that they take out a loan and pay the finance off - then that's fine.

So, they're doing that today-loan and finance.
Then I'll check it through a mini hpi check.

Then the other thing I'm worried about is the logbook scams..
So I'll do a full £25 hpi check just before we go. Or even while we are there- and check everything is ok there.

Then we have a 6 hour drive home!! Exciting stuff!!

I test drove the black edition 75ps yeterday at my dealership.
I have an aygo just now and from reviews I expected it to be a good bit quicker than the aygo..

It's definitely smoother and much more luxurious(especially with the cute leather effect)
But I'm not sure it's faster (now I'm not sure if because four of us were in the car it made a big difference, it was also brand new with like 60 miles on it, so I guess it needs braking in?)

But even still - it felt just lovely once I got to 70mph ish.

Any advice appreciated folks!

Aless16

Edited by: Aless16

·
Registered
265 Posts
flying? at that point you've already invested too much time and money into potentially nothing. if I were you I'd buy it from the dealer, the wait is so long I managed to save up 30% of the cars value in the time it took them to deliver.
Edited by: Mulo

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The flights are £40-50.. It's not too bad. At my spec I'm saving around 1.5-2k this way?

I've waited forever for a dealership to have one that's affordable. The nearest is 1k more but without the leather.

Opinion?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Is the warranty transferable ? worth making sure the 2nd and 3rd years are!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
PS, you are in glasgow but have you tried dealers like Ingram in Ayr (mine) they are brilliant and worth a chat with David Gray imho before you buy private.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Buying privately is all about trust and confidence.

From your post you don't sound like you trust them and you are lacking in confidence regarding the car/deal - not a criticism, just an observation.

Under these circumstances, you have to ask whether the stress is worth the saving.

What you don't say is how old the car up! is and how many miles it's done. At c.1 year old with average mileage there can be little wrong with the car (unless it's been in a serious accident), so it probably comes down to the people you are buying it from.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
And realistically, you should be saving at least the vat 20% from new....it is used after all

·
Registered
44 Posts
the car should lose around 30% of its original value in the first year. 20% as soon as you drive take ownership and 10-15% depreciation.

So if the spec you want is around £12,500 brand new, the second hand value of the car should be no more than £8750. If its a private sale I would try to push it down even more towards the 8k mark considering you can buy a base model for £8175.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
what was the outcome then??

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the comments!

Well I went to the dealership to see what they could do! They tried but the nearest up with what I wanted was 2k more!!

I'm getting my up this weekend and cannot wait.
The finance is cleared and I've done all the checks that I can!

Feeling a lot more confident about it all now!

All going well, I'll have photos up here on Sunday of my baby :)

Also got my aygo up for sale and already had a few offers, going to be sad to see her go, but excited for the newbie so I'm sure it'll pass quickly! Lol

The warranty is absolutely fine with my local dealership, still two years left on it. I checked that out, so thanks.

Mileage is just above 6k. Everything seems spot on!Edited by: Aless16

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Excellent....as long as you are happy.....having had an aygo, you will find the UP so so so so more solid/big-car feel and indeed nippy!...enjoy

·
Registered
583 Posts
They are in pretty high demand and depreciation on ups is pretty low - and so are the rebates the dealers are giving.
Well, low compared to the likes of Fiat, Citroen, ...

If you want one quickly, it's either second hand or available stock.

Warranty is transferable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts