Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sorry for the stupid question but in the 15 or so years I have been driving, I have never used a roof rack and thereby have no idea how to use one properly. Before I use something like that I like to make sure I use it properly

My question is mainly that I intend on getting a roof rack for my UP, the main reason is for when I go fishing to put my Rod Holdall on it...

Anyways the stupid question is how does one secure something like a rod holdall to the roof rack properly?

Does it sit in the middle of the rack, or to the side (if so which side), and what do I need to secure it properly..

Sorry!

·
Registered
430 Posts
There's some genuine roof bars available on eBay for 144.99 plus p&p which you could strap stuff too, with these there's also an option to attach a roof box or cycle rack etc..if required at any time

·
Registered
462 Posts
Rickenbacker said:
There's some genuine roof bars available on eBay for 144.99 plus p&p which you could strap stuff too, with these there's also an option to attach a roof box or cycle rack etc..if required at any time
Yes a roof box will fit on to roof bars no problem

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Thule make up an up specific rack...I have it and its brilliant, had all sorts of stuff on the roof!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts