Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off to dealer tomorrow, my up, 1800 miles has developed a ? wheel bearing/?suspension bush rumble/groan from the offside rear...hope its nowt too serious!

seems worse on having car loaded ie rear passengers etc

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
That's not good news.

Hopefully there's not too much wrong

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Hope it's ok... keep us posted!

·
Registered
532 Posts
stone caught in spring mounting?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will see tomorrow...appt at dealer at 8:30. , kudos to them on their busiest day!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
good luck!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just Back from Dealer....traced to broken fuel-flap spring rubbing on internal panel....(whoops body shop....they changed my flap!!) anyway, nothing critical, booked in for next week with free courtesy car and free insurance!

can't complain, esp as they did all the investigation and road-test while the dealership was 'bouncing' with new car deliveries!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Just Back from Dealer....traced to broken fuel-flap spring rubbing on internal panel....(whoops body shop....they changed my flap!!)  anyway, nothing critical, booked in for next week with free courtesy car and free insurance!

can't complain, esp as they did all the investigation and road-test while the dealership was 'bouncing' with new car deliveries!
What a relief it is minor!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Excellent stuff. caused by the dealer, but sorted very quickly. keep them sweet!

Your mention of rear wheel bearings reminds me of my vw beetle rear wheel bearings. Horrid job. You had to make an extractor unless you had a tame VW garage.
Edited by: ducatikid

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
That's what I'm always afraid of when any car goes in a garage, that it comes out with more wrong with it than before it went in

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
had a look myself just now...noise was caused by the filler cap drainage tube rubbing on the tyre...snipped it off and voila, sorted still needs the spring on the flap fixed though!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Please that they have found the problem and it is an easy fix

1 - 13 of 13 Posts