Up Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Hello everyone, I have a problem with a start my Volkswagen eco-up! Warning noise and many lamps lights when the ignition is on. When I trying to start it鈥檚 nothing. Sorry for my English 馃檮
Check battery voltages, both with engine stopped and if you can with engine running. 12.5v or higher with engine stopped and 13.8v with engine running.

Worthwhile attaching jumper cables from another vehicle or using a battery jump start pack to attempt starting of the engine.

I notice that you have as mentioned an eco-Up! which runs on CNG and petrol, from the pic you posted the CNG tank is empty but petrol tank is full. Sadly VW never sold the eco-Up! here in the UK.

Registered
Battery is ok, maybe year. 12,6v
Ok, good. Apart from the lights on the dash does anything else happen when you turn the ignition key to start the engine, any loud clicks from the engine bay to indicate the starter solenoid pulling in or starter motor attempting to engage.

Registered
Without proper diagnostic equipment it could be hard to work out what鈥檚 wrong here.

One possibility is the immobiliser, do you have a spare key, many Up!鈥檚 come with a spare key, if you have it try starting the car with that key.

Whereabouts in Ukraine are you? Watching all the news reports I hardly see any Up!鈥檚 at all which I always think is odd considering they aren鈥檛 made that far away in Bratislava.

Registered
I have elm327, but it can鈥檛 connect to Car. Before this happens everything was ok. I don鈥檛 have another key, so can鈥檛 try鈥 I am from Vinnytsia, this is central Ukraine
I鈥檓 no expert regarding ODB2, we need one of the other guys who has experience of that to help you.

If you can鈥檛 connect it sounds a bit like an ecu problem or a cable or connection problem.

It鈥檚 worth looking at the various connecting plugs to see if anything has come loose or has been disturbed.

Ultimately you would need to plug the car into a diagnostic computer to prove that the ecu was faulty or to faultfind the problem.

I can see Vinnytsia on the map, stay safe, truly awful situation.

Registered
1 - 5 of 5 Posts