Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a letter about booking your vw up in for a product enhancement 24AH , does anyone know what this is ? Its free of charge

·
Registered
957 Posts
No I haven't had a letter what is a 24AH enhancement ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea , but they are asking for me to make an appointment and have the work done free of charge . I will phone monday but just wondered who else had had letters

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update , the product enhancement is a engine management update to the software , takes 30min and is free of charge .

·
Registered
957 Posts
They might update the engine management software when people take their UP's in for their next service as it's not a recall issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Received my letter on Saturday. "Product enhancement" - Engine management update.
Booked in for Friday - Car first registered April 2012.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi the dealer will never be truthful when you take you car in for a product enhancement notice because they don't want you getting worried your car is about to go bang the next time you turn the key.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have never heard my cooling fan cut in even though we had a long hot summer !

As this product enhancement 24AH seems to be for the cooling system it makes me wonder if there might be a connection.

Are there many owners that have never heard the cooling fan start ?

Does it take a long time for your fan to start or does it cut in after you have been in a traffic queue for just a couple of minutes or so ?

Does this enhancement involve all UP's ( I haven't had a letter yet ) and exactly what is it.

If I get a letter I will find out what the update is and let everyone know but if anyone else goes back with their UP's in the next few days could you check it out for us all.

Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
438 Posts
Got mine done. Looks like 24AH stands for 2wd to 4wd all road handling. Just in time for winter.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Lol

Merry Christmas Scrubnut

·
Registered
957 Posts
Product Enhancement 24AH

Not had a letter yet so it looks like it doesn't involve all UP's

1 - 14 of 14 Posts