Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning All, I have been left a voicemail from VW dealer saying thatour Up needs to go back for a product enhancement. Apparently a water drain needs to be fitted to the chasis. Work will take approx 2 hours. Seems with all the bad weather recently our Ups are filling with water!! Anyone have any more details?

Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
22 Posts
First time I've heard it. When someone gets the chance, would you be so kind to take a picture to check if this is something new models get as a standard?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Another post mentioned a couple of current modifications, one being the drain and one being a mount for the ECU. I wasn't sure if the drain was all cars or just those with sunroofs as a number did seem to have drain issues.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Usual teething troubles when a car actually gets into service. Even with all the testing they do small niggles still come up, drain plug getting blocked has caused issues on other makes/models and in some cases did cause very wet and soggy carpets!!

Love to know the rationale behind the ECU mount and the issue?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Is yours a 2012 or 2013 build?

Is the VIN:

WVWZZZAAZC or
WVWZZZAAZD ?

C is 2012 and D is 2013 apparently...

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
first I have heard of it, will have to wait and see if anyone else gets a phone call from theri dealers.

·
Registered
118 Posts
davidw said:
Another post mentioned a couple of current modifications, one being the drain and one being a mount for the ECU. I wasn't sure if the drain was all cars or just those with sunroofs as a number did seem to have drain issues.

I took my car in with the gearbox noise and was told of these two "recall issues" they said it was the ECU bracket and something to do with a drainage issue, I dropped it off before work and picked it up afterwards and they said that was it all sorted..

·
Registered
49 Posts
My take up! has just filled itself up! with water in drivers footwell, there is definately a issue with drainage problem
take up!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
so freya, has your dealer fixed the two issues for free for you?

and hoppy have you taken yours back to the dealer too?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Going to contact my dealer (chester) tomorrow, would be interested to know if there is a official recall.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My dealer says as far as he knows there are no recalls for the up! ?He'd not heard of any water issues, who was the vw dealer that rang you? Surely all dealer should have that information.?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am calling my dealer this afternoon to confirm that the two recalls (ecu straps and roof drains) will be picked up in the PDI if relevant to the chassis number. And of course to make sure the maps & more is ordered! Roll on the 14th. Edited by: 911sse

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey 911, can you confirm there are 2 official vw recalls on the Up! please, my dealer says there are no recalls on the up!
thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
I confirm the same thing in France, I have already been to the garage for that.
Some holes to do, my Up is a like a "gruyère" cheese now !!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does anyone have any more details about the drain plugs? I'll be picking up my Up shortly and would like to check if these enhancements have been done.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts